Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much protein is too much protein?

Hey guys,

I have just gone primal this week, and i'm finding it extremely fun, and tasty, however because I'm doing 5 MMA style circuit workouts a week, i was wanting to know how much protein is too much.

My lean body mass is 154lbs, and i'm having about 160-166g protein per day.

Is that too much?

Thanks

HULK

Originally posted by smashtime View Post
    Hey guys,

I have just gone primal this week, and i'm finding it extremely fun, and tasty, however because I'm doing 5 MMA style circuit workouts a week, i was wanting to know how much protein is too much.

Is that too much?

Thanks

HULK
    No need to make a new thread; if you have no health problems concerning this matter, then no. 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight.

Comment

and if I go over by 10g or so its not a problem?

Comment

Research shows that there is no harm in healthy people eating more protein than they need. It also shows there is a lot of individual variation in our needs. If it works for you, do it.

Comment

Not a problem.

Comment

That's fine, you'd have to eat nothing but meat for months to develop health problems like kidney stones. 150ish grams of protein is very reasonable.
            F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Hey guys,

Is that too much?

Thanks

HULK
              What's your total body mass? But yeah, that's obviously not gonna kill you. For some people, it might be optimal to bring it down a tiny bit, but if you feel good, keep doin' what you're doin'.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

my total body mass is 196lbs, so 154lbs lean mass, 42lbs fat.

Comment

my total body mass is 196lbs, so 154lbs lean mass, 42lbs fat.
                  And 5 intense exercise sessions a week. I wouldn't worry about averaging 10g over 1g/lb lean body mass for a single second in your case.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

thanks Rich, cos I'm so new to the Primal Blueprint way of life i'm just trying to do it right from the start you know?

Comment

thanks Rich, cos I'm so new to the Primal Blueprint way of life i'm just trying to do it right from the start you know?
                      I know. It's all good. You're not going to make a minor mistake and screw the whole thing up though, 'cause it doesn't work that way.

Rest easy, learn more little by little over time, find what works for you, and let the "magic" happen.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

thanks rich will keep you up to date about how things go if thats okay?

Comment

Working...
                        X