Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCOSer not losing and following the plan. Frustrated.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StephenHLi View Post
    You said you drink a lot of water....how much per day, per week?

Is your urinary output the same as input, virtually? Are you sweating at all? Just trying to establish if you are retaining the water you are drinking.
    I pee more some days than others. I crave salt and have been using more thus drinking more.

Comment

i found this helpful and informative, i have pcos too

An Unconventional Approach to PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) | The Primal Parent
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by BellaPorter View Post
        I have a ton of cysts that are squishing my ovaries. I don't know about Endometriosis because I have NOT opted for the surgery to look for it. I just find that to be rather invasive. I think the nausea is more of a digestive issue and really didn't rear it's head til I had my gallbladder removed a few years back. Doc said that nausea can be from that and or the fact that I have Fatty Liver Disease too. Often the liver gets over worked and will make me feel sick. But the Endocrinologist and Hepatologist are both positive that with weight loss and sugar balancing I can heal most of it all up and feel a ton better. Also I don't have any classic signs of Endo as my periods are never heavy nor are they painful in fact I feel great when I do get period. Doc thinks its pelvic congestion. I'm an odd duck because I feel great during my cycle. Lol.
        I see. Well I hope you do start to lose some weight and feel better!

Also, remember, I'm a PCOSer as well...I wouldn't say you're odd because you feel great during your cycle.
        I look forward to mine for 2 reasons, 1) if it comes when I think it's supposed to it's a sign my hormones are well balanced, and 2) I get classic PMS in that in the days before I feel impatient, irritable, tired if I'm moving but keyed up if I sit down, and just a kind of overall uncomfortable feeling. During really bad cycles I feel almost like I want to tear my skin off because I just don't feel right. Once my period actually comes, though, I feel sane again.

Comment

Originally posted by BellaPorter View Post
          I pee more some days than others. I crave salt and have been using more thus drinking more.

Any low back pain or history of lower back pain?

Have you had your adrenals checked?

Comment

Originally posted by StephenHLi View Post
            Any low back pain or history of lower back pain?

Have you had your adrenals checked?
            Yes I have almosr constant very low back pain. Dead center. If you press my ovaries to my back that is where the pain is. Have had it for years. But I do get a few days here and there where its almost unnoticed or gone. Adrenals where checked by Endo and he didn't mention anything about them. He did say my estrogen and testosterone were OK but dhea-s was high end of normal. Pcos was confirmed by ultrasound where cyst clusters were found. Largest being 5.7mm. Kidneys have been checked plenty and are fine.

Comment

Hi! I'm a PCOS'er too and have been paleo for a year. Honestly it takes time because of the hormones being so out of whack. I didn't see anything for several weeks and then the weight started coming off. I lost 30lbs in about 6/7 months. Then it was another 2 months before my cycle started becoming normal. I used to have 120+ day cycles and for the past 4 months I'm under 40 days consistently. So give your body time to heal.

When the weight starts coming off then you should start seeing some changes in your cycle and PMS symptoms. It's pretty amazing to me that this worked when I had done a year of meds (metformin/clomid) that didn't help at all. So you're on the right track, just be patient.

I also want to add with the eat more fat suggestion. I added coconut milk and avocados in daily. I put berries in my milk and eat it like I used to eat yogurt. I've dropped nuts completely. Well maybe I have a small handful once a week if that. Mostly I work on getting protein and fats.

Good luck!

Comment

Also look at your supplementation. I added a Bcomplex, D3 and inositol (instead of metformin) and saw a difference and also magnesium at night before I go to bed. Maybe do a little research and have your vitamin levels checked. I'd be 99% sure you're low on D3.

Comment

Working...
                X