What do you do to stay "regular"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do to stay "regular"?

I've always eaten a banana to stay regular, but since I need to lose weight, from what I've read, I shouldn't be eating bananas. What else do you do, to keep yourself moving?

Plenty of fat helps in keeping one regular. In addition, eating plenty of probiotic foods can certainly help. You could supplement with pills, but fermented food such as veggies like kimchi, sauerkraut, ect. I have read have more probiotics than the pills do and are FAR cheaper.

Also, caffeine binds to bile and helps create "bulk" in that way, so it can help keep you regular. If you're using the caffeine as a crutch, you have issues that need to be looked into. However, the occasional use of a few cups of tea or coffee when you feel particularly constipated can be a great relief.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Plenty of fat. Enough water. Magnesium supplement. Coffee. (coffee & fat together is sometimes VERY effective)

Not that I'm irregular or anything. But I do notice that if I eat alot of cheese and I'm under-hydrated it does slow things down a little.
      Sandra
      *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Best thing for me is overeating refined flour and candy and taking an occasional dose of PEG 3350.

... but your mileage may vary.

Comment

I don't do a thing. My body tells me when to defecate.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

When I first discovered the primal blueprint, I had been dealing with chronic constipation for years. I was following all the conventional advice, meaning drinking tons of water, eating very high-fiber, getting exercise, supplementing with 1-2 glasses of Metamucil daily (yuck!) and yet I was still struggling to achieve anything resembling regular movements. Honestly, I was so used to dealing with constipation that it did not even occur to me that going primal may help but it did, in a major way.

Now I only have mild constipation issues (nothing like what I dealt with before) if I eat too much cheese, or have too many grains during my 20% cheat time. I do eat other starches like potatoes and rice fairly regularly, they do not impact my system the way grains, primarily wheat, seem to. I also find that a hot drink first thing in the morning, be it coffee, tea, or even water with lemon, helps to get things moving if my system is a bit sluggish.

Comment

I am regular; I don't do anything for it.

Comment

I just eat real food

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                  I just eat real food
                  Please provide examples for the benefits of OP.
                  Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                  https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                  MFP Food Diary:
                  http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                  (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

1 lb leafy greens a day does it for me. Or some sort of citrus fruit does as well.
                    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
                      Please provide examples for the benefits of OP.
                      Are you being a smart ass?

Just in case you are not, to the OP I follow PB exactly, no grains, no refined sugars or processed/packaged foods. I dont count calories or macros anymore, but I have a higher fats, and lower carbs than lots around here, but not focussing on either specifically anymore.
                      I do not do 80/20 or whatever others call it. I had lots of digestion issues no matter the diet, or not diet I was following, until I discovered PB.

Comment

Also, I missed this the first time, but why do you think bananas are harmful towards losing weight?
                        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Are you being a smart ass?

Just in case you are not, to the OP I follow PB exactly, no grains, no refined sugars or processed/packaged foods. I dont count calories or macros anymore, but I have a higher fats, and lower carbs than lots around here, but not focussing on either specifically anymore.
                          I do not do 80/20 or whatever others call it. I had lots of digestion issues no matter the diet, or not diet I was following, until I discovered PB.
                          ...that's all well and great and everything, but that still doesn't provide any examples of what you're actually eating. In fact, t just seems to pretty much be everything you're not eating.

To rephrase: please provide examples of this "real food" you are eating for the benefit of OP.

MFP Food Diary:

Comment

not sure why you specifically picked out my posts to ask me to explain, but I think I have said enough.
                            I eat real food (IE some kind of protein + plenty of non-starchy veg for each meal, sometimes I have a small amount of a starchy veg, but not often), avoid what is suggested in the PB, and I don't need to do anything to stay regular.

Comment

not sure why you specifically picked out my posts to ask me to explain, but I think I have said enough.
                              I eat real food (IE some kind of protein + plenty of non-starchy veg for each meal, sometimes I have a small amount of a starchy veg, but not often), avoid what is suggested in the PB, and I don't need to do anything to stay regular.
                              Jesus...

What proteins. What veg. These things can have a major effect. Just saying "real food" and "in the PB" is very, very vague. "Protein and veg" is also vague.

It's like me answering: "Oh, y'know. Stuff", then when asked to explain what stuff, replying: "Good stuff".

MFP Food Diary:

Comment

Working...
                              X