Supplements List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplements List

I'm really interested in what supplements members here are taking. Would you please list the supplements you take, the amount, and the Brand. This list should also be a help to newcommers. If you take no supplements, please state that.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Is this pills only?

I take Magnesium and a Vitamin C pill each day, along with a Brazil Nut (selenium) and Nori sheet in Miso soup (Iodine).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

If it's just pills, I take 400mg of magnesium citrate daily.
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Liver pate' (a.k.a. nature's multivitamin)
        Bone broth (my multi mineral supplement)
        seaweed for iodine
        seafood for O3
        raw dairy products for calcium
        SoCal sunshine for vitamin D
        Last edited by Paleobird; 02-26-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Great lakes gelatin
          Seaweed for iodine
          Magnesium + zinc topical spray
          B12 oral spray
          D3 liquid
          Greenpastures cod liver oil + butter oil gel
          Salt

Comment

Vitamin D3 (1000mg)
            Magnesium (250mg)
            >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
            >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
            >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
              Is this pills only?

I take Magnesium and a Vitamin C pill each day, along with a Brazil Nut (selenium) and Nori sheet in Miso soup (Iodine).
              No, not only pills I think. Please list anything that you take or eat that you consider additional. (I chickened-out. Additional to what? Your normal diet. Well no, that is my normal diet - etc.)
              "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Bump

Comment

Cytomel(half a grain per 3 days)
                  Vitamin k2 throne
                  Vitamin e unique e
                  Vitamin d3 now foods 5000 IU every week
                  Vitamin a retinol from drops
                  b complex
                  Colostrum 2 tabs every few days
                  Aspirin
                  Niacinamide
                  Pregnenolone powder beyond a century
                  Biotin

These all last months since I use them sparingly. Supplements are too much of a cash sink.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

No supplements currently.
                    I occasionally take a probiotic when I remember though.

Comment

I won't ever take supplements. I feel well enough without them, and I don't want to lie on my death bed wondering if perhaps I took the wrong dose of cod liver oil or some non-essential amino acid that might have allowed me to live a few years longer. I'd take a supplement if I felt an immediate and real benefit, but I'm not going to take them just because maybe, possibly, you know? Maybe! Magnesium is important!

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
                        I won't ever take supplements. I feel well enough without them, and I don't want to lie on my death bed wondering if perhaps I took the wrong dose of cod liver oil or some non-essential amino acid that might have allowed me to live a few years longer. I'd take a supplement if I felt an immediate and real benefit, but I'm not going to take them just because maybe, possibly, you know? Maybe! Magnesium is important!
                        I like this attitude. I was thinking of kicking all my supplements when they run out because of this same thing. The only thing that seems to have a noticeable good effect on me is aspirin, cigarettes, coffee, t3 and acid. Quality of most commercial supplements just seems to be really poor.

I think just eating some "super foods"(fucking buzzwords) coupled with a relatively healthy diet will be enough.
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

D3 (I really don't like the sun) and B-complex (I can tell the difference in my energy levels if I don't take it for a long time). I probably should take a multi only because I eat in such a cyclic manner, then again, maybe that cyclicity is why I don't need one.

And a tblsp of ACV (Bragg's) in water to swallow the vitamins. Clear skin and eyes. Firm science or not, I swear by it.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I don't take any. I just eat different types of food, move a little and spend some time time outside. Sometimes all at the same time.

Seems to do the trick.
                            Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                            https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                            MFP Food Diary:
                            http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                            (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

D3 - 10,000IU QD - cvc4health
                              magnesium glycinate - 400mg QD - puritans pride
                              melatonin - 1mg @ bedtime - cvc4health
                              liver pate - 3 x wk
                              fish or seafood - 3 x wk

And for the record... Paleobird makes me jealous :P
                              Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Working...
                              X