Lunch ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch ideas

I am currently trying to bring my bodyfat down and go for a more lean conditioned fighter body. I am struggling for lunch as I hate salad with a passion and have no cooking facilities at work. I am thinking of something along lines of:
    -Sliced steak, 2 hardboiled eggs & Pistachio nuts
    -Lamb & sweet potato stew (in a flask to keep warm)
    -Chopped chicken breast, pistachio nuts & tin of mackerel

any other ideas along these lines? Need to be fairly easy to make up and possibly few days at a time

Thanks

IF (intermittent fasting)
    Last edited by magicmerl; 02-26-2013, 03:30 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

1/2-1 can Tuna Fish or Salmon with greens sauteed in Coconut Oil and chopped anchovies. Put each in a baggie. The greens will re-heat in a microwave in a 15 sec.
      Grass-Fed Beef Jerky and sauerkraut or KimChi. Buy the Jerky online.
      "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

I had this problem. Then I realized that I generally am not hungry for lunch anyway (once in a while I might be). So I usually skip it. That's how I figured out how to IF, and it works great for me. And when 5:00 rolls around I am excited for dinner!

Comment

i love making some frittatas with different kinds of meat and veggies . i make 6 on sunday and eat them for lunch on weekdays

Comment

I often have bulletproof coffee for breakfast and then push my normal breakfast to lunch. This makes it so much easier to not have to think of what to eat.

So I would have BP coffee for breakfast and then bacon, eggs, and a 50/50 salad for lunch with EVOO and Balsamic.
            Rebooted Body -- Ancestral Health + Modern Psychology | The Rebooted Body Podcast

Comment

I couldn't wait until supper to eat. I IF every day and break my fast with a snack at 3:00 pm, then have dinner between 6:00 and 8:00pm.

Comment

If you have to eat something substantial for lunch, you could always cook anything in advance and take to work.

Comment

I've been bringing leftover homemade turkey burgers with mushrooms and mozzarella cheese for breakfast. Really, any meat, cold, is good! Elk burgers with sea salt, white pepper, garlic and honey are good cold, too.

Comment

Leftovers. If you are going to be cooking dinner anyway, just make more - an extra steak, burger, piece of chicken, etc.

Or, try this recipe:
                    Slow Cooker Thai Yellow Curry With Grass Fed Beef Brisket | Award-Winning Paleo Recipes | Nom Nom Paleo

I just made this yesterday with a few tweaks. I used ~1.5 lbs beef cross shanks, frozen cubed butternut squash instead of potatoes, frozen chopped onions instead of fresh and I skipped the apple juice and used green curry because that is what I had around. Since I didn't have to cut anything it took me about 10 minutes to assemble in the crock pot. Came home to dinner and today's lunch. And it was *really* good.

Comment

Leaned, conditioned fighter body?

"What is intermittent fast Alex."
                      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Hunk of roast chicken (vary your seasonings) with fruit or veg. Best bet for a staple you can do easily and quickly (roast a chicken on Sunday night and you'll have chicken for lunch every day of the week!).
                        --
                        Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                        I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                        I'd apologize, but...

Comment

I eat leftovers from the night before, if there are some. But a can of sardines or 3 hardboiled eggs are good for me also.
                          High Weight: 225
                          Weight at start of Primal: 189
                          Current Weight: 174
                          Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

I really like tuna mixed with avocado. You can add mustard or salsa for extra flavor. The avocado is such a good substitute for mayo! I get a really nice tuna that's line caught and still has a bit higher fat content than the traditional stuff (thank you, Costco). This is also great with canned salmon.

Comment

Leftovers, full fat greek yogurt with some berries and walnuts or almonds, lunch meat rolls (roll up some quality organic/nitrate free lunch meat around full fat cheese and/or veggies like carrot sticks), BAS - Big Ass Salad - with protein and greens you like - like grilled chicken, flank steak or shrimp. Carrot shavings, nuts, and dried or fresh fruit go well with this. (I like to do "asian" chicken salad with chopped ice berg lettuce and cabbage, grilled chicken, shaved almonds, chopped green onions, sesame seeds and mandarin oranges).
                              Healthy Bucket List:
                              • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
                              • Hike the Appalachian Trail
                              • Do a real pull-up
                              • Run a 5k
                              • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

Working...
                              X