Paleo Fantasies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Dunno if I'd promote it for weight loss, but as an energy drink it's pretty darn hard to beat
    No doubt about that, I will consider to use it myself if I am going to do cross country skiing to the south pole...
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Good find on that video, Gorbag.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
        And the funny thing is that some people don't even substitute a meal for it - but drink it along with their usual bacon breakfast, because they believes it help to control their insulin! And some of the recommendations tell you to use a stick of butter and two tablespoons of MCT oil, and it almost makes miracles, because it keep you full until lunch, LOL...
        Doing that is not a way to lose weight. That would be the same idea as eating 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch for breakfast. Not in terms of calories, nutrients, etc, but the bulletproof coffee is intended to replace breakfast and often lunch as well. MCT oil does promote ketosis, which is why it is used medicinally for diseases that benefit from running the brain on ketones. Coffee (caffiene anyways) releases stored body fat to be burned for energy. This is why caffiene gives you an energy boost. Butter, as other people have said, contains a variety of healthy substances and nutrients. There may not be peer reviewed studies behind it (what university is going to fund a study of buttered coffee for weight loss?) but the mechanisms do make basic sense. Even under the old CW calories in calories out model, having only a few hundred calories for breakfast and nothing else until dinner (assuming a normal sized dinner) would result in weight loss. Eating a piece of fruit for breakfast would leave you hungry again in an hour. Fat (bulletproof coffee in this case) keeps you full much longer, even at the same level of calories. It becomes very possible to forget to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Markbt View Post
          Even under the old CW calories in calories out model, having only a few hundred calories for breakfast and nothing else until dinner (assuming a normal sized dinner) would result in weight loss. Eating a piece of fruit for breakfast would leave you hungry again in an hour. Fat (bulletproof coffee in this case) keeps you full much longer, even at the same level of calories. It becomes very possible to forget to eat.
          Personally I can forget to eat until 6 PM on black coffee, tea and dietCoke, but I don't disagree if you goes very light on the butter, but some people recommends one stick and one or two additional spoons of MCT oil, and you can get a very solid breakfast for the same amount of calories...
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
            Personally I can forget to eat until 6 PM on black coffee, tea and dietCoke, but I don't disagree if you goes very light on the butter, but some people recommends one stick and one or two additional spoons of MCT oil, and you can get a very solid breakfast for the same amount of calories...
            Because you saw one person doing it that way nobody should even try it the way it is almost always done, but we should drink diet coke instead?

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              Because you saw one person doing it that way nobody should even try it the way it is almost always done, but we should drink diet coke instead?
              Yeah. Coffee with 2 tbsp butter and 30 g MCT oil in place of breakfast is clearly just a gateway drug to drinking an entire stick of coffee-flavored liquefied butter on top of a 6-egg omelet with a pound of bacon.

Diet coke, on the other hand, is a clean appetite suppressant and the aspartame-ophobia is overly hyped. Didn't you know?
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                My primal fantasy would be to not have to have to take so much time to find healthy foods. A Primal Walmart type store would be awesome. No factory foods, all organic produce, etc.
                +1000
                Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

I can't even imagine a cup of coffe with a whole stick of butter in it, and I've been drinking a modified version of BPC (without the oil) and liking it for holding my appetite over until lunch. The max I've used is 2 TB and that seems like plenty to me.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                  My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                    Yes, diet coke, coffee, tea or whatever non-calorie drink(except alchohol etc) that also is mildly diuretic and can help you to circulate liquids through your body when fasting will not only help controlling hunger, but give you health benefits as well!

- Schopenhauer

Comment

my primal fantasy is to have a large farm with sheep and goats and ducks and chickens and rabbits and pigs to eat, alpacas for fur clothes and master level people to cook and care for the animals and make the alpaca sweaters and socks for me

all for free
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        my primal fantasy is to have a large farm with sheep and goats and ducks and chickens and rabbits and pigs to eat, alpacas for fur clothes and master level people to cook and care for the animals and make the alpaca sweaters and socks for me

all for free
                        agree!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                        My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Is this the sort of thing that was meant?

You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

There's a movie that I just watched called "The Perfect Human Diet", it basically shows how man ate throughout the eras, and it has a lot of good information in favor of Paleo.

Comment

a whole stick of butter?? well that's bizarro.
                              for me, use 2tbps coconut oil, an egg yolk, add cinnamon and blend. this keeps me satiated until lunch. it's not a meal replacement per se but i get good stuff in my body, tastes yum so there you go. on weekends when i can lounge and cook a good breakfast later in the morning i just put a little cream in my coffee.

by no means am i advocating for anyone else to use it. you don't like it...don't. pretty simple. but it works for me.

Comment

I was in a bit of a hurry when I wrote my previous post. Here's another of my Primal fantasies:

Some Primal folks move in to the empty house next door to us. We get on really well with them and have lots of shared meals and days out hillwalking (in this fantasy we have much more holiday/rest time too). They, like us, are just starting a family. Our kids grow up Primally together and go out exploring and on bikes and have fun being active. We start our own little tribe…

Comment

Working...
                                X