Paleo Fantasies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    So long as you're not the one getting clubbed over the head...
    Nah, nah.... gentle mutually agreed upon hair pulling and light spanking only. Ya know... to keep it classy like. We're talking high end cinemax level stuff here.

Comment

high end cinemax level stuff like a sexeh college age girl that's really a beat up 38?
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        high end cinemax level stuff like a sexeh college age girl that's really a beat up 38?
        Bwahahah... oh skinemax

Comment

I don't see an issue with any negativity about the palio way of life. No one is putting a gun to peoples heads to follow it. Quite frankly I don't give a S**T what people think about it. I find it works for me..sorted.
          Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
          Height 5'9"
          Start weight 200lb
          Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
          Goal was 168lb's

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
            Yeah, I was also sorely disappointed. I thought we were gonna get into some role play talk... a little loin cloth and coconut oil action at the least
            Sorry to get your hopes up. Though there are probably enough strange ideas floating around to write an article setting the record straight on paleo sexual behavior too...

Comment

An interesting outlook on some of the paleo myths:

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

This thread is a disappointment. It needs real fantasies.

How about this for a fantasy: You don't have to go to work and sit in a cubicle all day. You can just play and have fun, the dolphins and seals frolic with you in the ocean, the bears are cuddly not scary, the squirrels and baby fawns come up to be petted, you can pick wild foods from wildflower-strewn meadows at any time of the year and fresh meat just appears ready to be barbecued whenever you are hungry. There's cheesecake and chocolate and wine at any time and you can eat as much of it as you want because you never get fat.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Is spanking primal? When does it become processed kink? Handcuffs? How about riding crops?

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                    An interesting outlook on some of the paleo myths:
                    Strawman erected at the one minute mark... I see no need to delve any further.

Seriously. Nightshades? Could he pick a worse jumping off point? Everyone in paleo knows that this is one of many possible irritants in the diet. Its not a widely avoided group except in experimentation with autoimmune protocols.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                      This thread is a disappointment. It needs real fantasies.

How about this for a fantasy: You don't have to go to work and sit in a cubicle all day. You can just play and have fun, the dolphins and seals frolic with you in the ocean, the bears are cuddly not scary, the squirrels and baby fawns come up to be petted, you can pick wild foods from wildflower-strewn meadows at any time of the year and fresh meat just appears ready to be barbecued whenever you are hungry. There's cheesecake and chocolate and wine at any time and you can eat as much of it as you want because you never get fat.
                      Walking to the butcher shop on the corner where I can buy any cut of organ meat or fatty meat from all the usual species at a reasonable price, in the same building as the cheese shop where every type of cheese imaginable is available and in a perfect state of ripeness. Also the fishmonger and produce store are in the same building.

Comment

Bulletproof coffee or not, personally I couldn’t care less of what people are putting in their coffee, but the theory behind it is blatant pseudoscience though, that because fat doesn’t raise insulin you will have some kind of protection from becoming fat, or that ingested fat will even help burning bodyfat, which is nonsense!

Another “die-hard” myth in the paleo community is the irrational belief in becoming a “fat burning beast” – or that "you must eat fat to burn fat” – and that you will become “fat-adapted” after a while on a low carbohydrate diet. The truth is that humans are perfectly adapted for millions of years in burning fat as a fuel and that you don’t get adapted to burning fat, but rather adapted to a higher level of making glucose from amino-acids or neoglucogenesis. Well, there may be other adaptions in play as well, as use of ketone bodies, psychological adaptions etc., but whatever it is; it is NOT an adaption to burning fat, because even the most insulin resistant person is doing that all the time, what should otherwise be the point of taking bulletproof coffee?
                        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Yeah, my paleo fantasy wold be having the ear of well studied butcher and all the variety of animals readily available. Oh, and include easy access to the odd bits like pig head, chicken feet, ox tail, and so on and so forth..

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                            ...what should otherwise be the point of taking bulletproof coffee?
                            I thought the point of taking bulletproof coffee was that there are fewer calories in it than the meal you substitute it for, yet it keeps you full at least as long. Not a bunch of theoretical stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                              I thought the point of taking bulletproof coffee was that there are fewer calories in it than the meal you substitute it for, yet it keeps you full at least as long. Not a bunch of theoretical stuff.
                              And the funny thing is that some people don't even substitute a meal for it - but drink it along with their usual bacon breakfast, because they believes it help to control their insulin! And some of the recommendations tell you to use a stick of butter and two tablespoons of MCT oil, and it almost makes miracles, because it keep you full until lunch, LOL...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                                Actually its that (so a crutch for intermittent fasting) and its the combined effect and nutrition gained by ingesting coconut oil, butter, and coffee. Yes fatty acids are nutritious! MCT's (energy), Lauric acid (antimicrobial), CLA has been associated with increased heart health, reduction in tumor growth, decreased belly fat, and more fat loss in overweight individuals, Vitamins A and K, Butyric acid (improves insulin sensitivity), coffee (is awesome!)....actually magnesium, caffeine, increased metabolism and fat burning. Thats just my quick and dirty list. I'm sure Asprey has a full list somewhere of its benefits. I don't even drink it but once every couple weeks, but its not all that crazy. Dunno if I'd promote it for weight loss, but as an energy drink it's pretty darn hard to beat

Comment

Working...
                                X