Paleo Fantasies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allenete View Post
    When I think about butter in coffee I think of oily globules floating on the surface and it tasting like coffee-flavoured oil. :X

Please tell me I'm wrong!
    That is always what I think of, which is why I haven't tried it. I guess I missed the memo about BLENDING it... not just dumping it in.
    Originally posted by meloroaster View Post
    I have to admit to kinda loving my version of bulletproof coffee...steovetop espress + coconut oil (sometimes butter but rare) + egg yolk + cinnamon/cocoa powder. whipped up with my handheld blender that is the bomb! frothy and creamy, it keeps me going til lunch then i get a good dose of good fat and nutrients in the yolk.
    I might be tempted to try this. Mom bought me a little smoothie maker for christmas and I stored it away in the midst of my sister having her baby crisis. I need to find it.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

One of the most frequent comments I get when I do tell someone I eat primal/paleo is "Oh that's one of those low carb things." Well, yes, it can be for some, but that's not what's it's supposed to be about. Who knows how that misinterpretation even started. Another misinterpretation I think a lot of people have is that it's just a weight loss diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
        That is always what I think of, which is why I haven't tried it. I guess I missed the memo about BLENDING it... not just dumping it in.
        Ditto...

Zeera, it's well ingrained in us (haha, see what I did there) that we need to eat breads for the whole grains and carbs, and it's been a staple of our diets for so long, that people don't understand why anyone would cut it out unless you're intolerant (poor thing!) or trying to lose weight (wack job!)

Comment

Originally posted by Zeera View Post
          One of the most frequent comments I get when I do tell someone I eat primal/paleo is "Oh that's one of those low carb things." Well, yes, it can be for some, but that's not what's it's supposed to be about. Who knows how that misinterpretation even started. Another misinterpretation I think a lot of people have is that it's just a weight loss diet.
          Yeah, the misconceptions non-paleos have about paleo, if they even know what it is, are even further out there. Earlier today someone forwarded me another link talking about how they thought the paleo diet was a "joke" when they first heard about it, then went on to try and debunk it while clearly showing no understanding of what the paleo diet actually is.

Most of the time I just tell people I'm allergic to wheat or soy. For the totally uninitiated I usually just tell people "I eat lean meats, fruits, and vegetables; I don't eat grains, soy, and processed foods." Sometimes just going with the specifics helps get out of the trap of abstract ideas like "paleo" or "primal." Trying to explain things like o3 : o6 ratios, etc. to people who've never heard any of this before is just TMI.

Comment

It has next to no chocolate in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post

I might be tempted to try this. Mom bought me a little smoothie maker for christmas and I stored it away in the midst of my sister having her baby crisis. I need to find it.
              Just a side-note, the butter most people use is unsalted butter. Not sure how salted butter would taste, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
              My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Far as I know all seven of those half truths/fantasies have already been addressed. I'm pretty sure this entire book is made of straw actually .
                Last edited by Neckhammer; 02-26-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

yes definitely no salt!!! and ideally the good stuff...grassfed organic blah blah.

also, i just blend the fats with a bit of the coffee...not all of it. then pour it in like it was foamy cream. mmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                    ...people putting loads of butter into their coffee to get a health benefit from lower insulin impact etc., is almost funny by its naivety...
                    That one in particular cracks me up. Coffee is a processed food, butter is a processed food, but somehow mixing the two together ends up being a paleo/primal forum's wet dream of a perfect breakfast.

Go figure...

Comment

Unless you're hunting and fishing for your own, milking your own cows, etc., it's pretty much all processed food. hahahaha - just cracking up.

I would bet there are at least as many people (or more) who either skip breakfast completely, or eat food for breakfast than who drink 400 calories worth of butter first thing in the morning.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeDub View Post
                        That one in particular cracks me up. Coffee is a processed food, butter is a processed food, but somehow mixing the two together ends up being a paleo/primal forum's wet dream of a perfect breakfast.

Go figure...
                        Your guys definition of "processed food" is whack IMO. Coffe = cooked fruit (OMG the processing!). Butter = Churned Cream (I can just shake a jar of grassfed cream and get this). WTF? So any cooked or cut food is highly processed now?

Comment

the one time i made butter, i processed it super hard with a blender

it was delicious processed food

but seriously, every time i see the title of this thread i keep expecting it to be sex fantasies
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                            Your guys definition of "processed food" is whack IMO. Coffe = cooked fruit (OMG the processing!). Butter = Churned Cream (I can just shake a jar of grassfed cream and get this). WTF? So any cooked or cut food is highly processed now?
                            +1.

Because really, if we take it all the way back, I guess we should be biting chunks out of whole hanging cows because butchering it is a process. And don't wash anything because washing is a process. And eat those raw potatoes because if you cook them you'll turn them into processed food and then they won't be what Grok ate! [/sarcasm]
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              but seriously, every time i see the title of this thread i keep expecting it to be sex fantasies
                              Yeah, I was also sorely disappointed. I thought we were gonna get into some role play talk... a little loin cloth and coconut oil action at the least

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                                Yeah, I was also sorely disappointed. I thought we were gonna get into some role play talk... a little loin cloth and coconut oil action at the least
                                So long as you're not the one getting clubbed over the head...
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X