Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women who eat a ton without gaining....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
    I don't know that I am overeating on protein so much as attempting to maximize it so that I can gain muscle. I do not overeat on fat. In fact, I don't use much fat at all. I eat lean protein, except for salmon which I guess isn't considered lean. I don't add any butter to anything. Fat is added to cooking just enough to do the job. An occasional avocado, coconut curry or something but daily mostly just protein, potatoes and vegetables, flavoring provided by things like mustard, hot sauce, salsa. I think this is why I have not blown up like a balloon and have gained so much muscle that I can see it, kept my waist the same size and reduced the love handles a little bit. My big thighs and butt tend to erase all my happy thoughts about my body at times, but I am what I am, I guess.
    I don't want to experiment with this until such point as I reach my goal size. But it does seem to me that protein intake is an independent variable, at least for me.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
      I don't know that I am overeating on protein so much as attempting to maximize it so that I can gain muscle. I do not overeat on fat. In fact, I don't use much fat at all. I eat lean protein, except for salmon which I guess isn't considered lean. I don't add any butter to anything. Fat is added to cooking just enough to do the job. An occasional avocado, coconut curry or something but daily mostly just protein, potatoes and vegetables, flavoring provided by things like mustard, hot sauce, salsa. I think this is why I have not blown up like a balloon and have gained so much muscle that I can see it, kept my waist the same size and reduced the love handles a little bit. My big thighs and butt tend to erase all my happy thoughts about my body at times, but I am what I am, I guess.

      Hi Sbhikes

      Would you mind sharing a typical days diet please?

      Peace x

      Comment


      • Paleomom, have you read anything by Matt Stone? Your experience and reactions are spot on to what he talks about.

        Comment


        • Below is a link for a great metabolic calculator. I think its pretty accurate:

          Health-calc - Energy expenditure adv.

          Comment


          • Below is a link for a great metabolic calculator. I think its pretty accurate:
            if i do a typical day, not a going to the gym day, it puts me at a BMR of about 2,956 cals!!

            Comment


            • Did you change your age/weight/height? I got the same exact # (literally) but then made myself old It dropped it to 2600 - which still seems way too high. Especially for 22 hours of sitting or sleeping. The life of a student. Sigh.

              Comment


              • no i put in what i am. i just tried and my age and height makes no diff but changing the weight up or down does.

                Comment


                • Did you adjust all of the dials? Mine is very accurate, and the reason I know is bc I wear a bodybugg, and the numbers matched up pretty close.

                  Comment


                  • yes all of them. it seems like a huge amount to me.

                    Comment


                    • that calculator is super cool

                      i have a bodybugg too, and it's super super close to what the BB says

                      though i'm not too sure I believe either of them. HA!

                      but cool calculator, never seen one like that before, very cute, love the "dials"


                      Julie

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Zach View Post
                        Paleomom, have you read anything by Matt Stone? Your experience and reactions are spot on to what he talks about.
                        Yes, thanks! I think earlier in this thread you sent me there and I have started reading his work. Great info, but I do have to look past the junk food angle. I understand that is just to get things going, but I'm still not sure I agree.
                        PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                          if i do a typical day, not a going to the gym day, it puts me at a BMR of about 2,956 cals!!
                          Originally posted by PaleoMom View Post
                          Yes, thanks! I think earlier in this thread you sent me there and I have started reading his work. Great info, but I do have to look past the junk food angle. I understand that is just to get things going, but I'm still not sure I agree.
                          Glad you were able to read it with an open mind! His stance on junk food may have advantages for some but certainly not necessary. I did the same when i started and now im back to almost all paleo foods, just much different macro ratios.

                          Comment


                          • Glad you were able to read it with an open mind!
                            i know there is more to it than CICO and having been vege for all those years and being convinced i was right, i always always second guess and question everything nutritional now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                              i know there is more to it than CICO and having been vege for all those years and being convinced i was right, i always always second guess and question everything nutritional now.
                              Sorry, didnt mean to quote you in above post.

                              Actually though i do think most people are undernourished. Most think since obesity is on the rise that everyone is overeating but that simply isnt true. Most actually chronically undereat. Ideally one could eat as muh as they like and their body would take care of it, now though most are metabolically broken so it doesnt work that way.

                              Comment


                              • thankfullly for me i've never really dieted ever by calorie restriction. if i stop eating due to illness, the weight drops off me even tho i am not exercising. i do know i need to look into things as if i go too low or zero carb, i get very very wired and my attention span goes. all i can do is indulge in my real addictions like exercise or sit on my ass reading internet forums as they come thru in sound bites. my hair hasnt started falling out yet tho LOL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X