A pound of ground meat...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pound of ground meat...

I just added up what I've eaten today and realized I had a full pound of meat (ground turkey, 93/7)... According to the company website, that's a total of 88g protein, which doesn't seem like too much, but the idea of a lb of meat sounds like a lot to me. Did I overdo it today?

In case it helps, the only other things I ate were an avocado, 2/3 cup pumpkin, and 2/3 cup tomato sauce (my calories are low today but I'm absolutely stuffed).

If you are within your goals for calories and macros.... you are fine.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Is it cafo beef? Otherwise why are you buying such lean stuff?
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        Is it cafo beef? Otherwise why are you buying such lean stuff?
        Yes, it's conventional turkey, which is why I bought lean. I'm a student and can't afford grass fed very often.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalStudent View Post
          Yes, it's conventional turkey, which is why I bought lean. I'm a student and can't afford grass fed very often.
          Wasn't judging, just curious. Do you do dairy? I'd coat that stuff in gobs of grassfed butter if itvwas me.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            If you are within your goals for calories and macros.... you are fine.
            ^Brilliant.

I go through about a pound of meat a day, too - a lb for salmon tonight, for example... Literally, I weighed it; 454g exactly. Fyea.
            Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
            https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
            MFP Food Diary:
            http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
            (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Wasn't judging, just curious. Do you do dairy? I'd coat that stuff in gobs of grassfed butter if itvwas me.
              At the moment, no dairy except ghee! But I absolutely looove heavy cream and miss it loads... debating whether to add it back or not

Comment

I eat between 1-2lbs of meat a day (1.5 today actually). I actually consider 1 egg the equivalent of 1oz of meat when I do my mental arithmetic though. Works out to be roughly correct.

Comment

I regularly eat a pound of meat plus some eggs in one meal. As long as you're not overdoing calories and macro goals, you're a-ok! Stop worrying.
                  "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

thanks for the input guys

Comment

Working...
                    X