Is all coconut oil created equal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is all coconut oil created equal?

I'm guessing "no". But my last tub of it was very strong tasting (organic), it was like drinking sun lotion however the tub I've just bought hardly tastes of anything which suits me much more. It says its 100% pure on the ingredience. Am I still getting all the benefits of coconut oil from this not so strong tasting tub?
    One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

I bought some premium natural brand virgin coconut oil once that smelled so strongly of wood smoke I had to throw it away. Not all created equal.

Comment

Missing text

Not created equal I don't think. I've gone for the extra virgin organic , very subtle taste but thoroughly enjoyable

Comment

Refined coconut oil has less flavor and a higher smoke point. Sounds like you bought refined the second time, extra virgin the first.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          Refined coconut oil has less flavor and a higher smoke point. Sounds like you bought refined the second time, extra virgin the first.
          Thank you. So it terms of the refined am I still getting the primary goodness that extra virgin has?

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
            Thank you. So it terms of the refined am I still getting the primary goodness that extra virgin has?
            Yeah, you're still getting a lot of medium chain triglycerides, and a completely saturated fat to cook with. It's a little bit more processed, but it can also safely be heated to higher temperatures. I keep a 5-gallon bucket of the refined stuff in my condo. I never stop finding new uses for it. Here's my current list:

Deep fryer
            General cooking lube
            Hair gel
            Shave "cream"
            Deodorant
            Post-sun moisturizer
            WD-40 replacement
            Mouthwash/toothpaste (google: oil pulling)
            Seasoning cast iron pans
            Good in coffee or tea
            Zombie apocalypse food source
            Make your own chocolate
            Lip balm

I'm probably missing a few. I keep a ramekin of the stuff on the bathroom counter, and pull the 5-gallon bucket out of the pantry as needed for everything else.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

haha thats a few uses there. Thanks again, v helpful info.

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                haha thats a few uses there. Thanks again, v helpful info.
                We're here to help. Well, mostly bicker with each other over minutiae and chortle at the misfortunes of those duped by CW, but also help.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                X