Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of all the naysayers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naysayers aren't living in my body, and also do not have the responsibility for it - I do. And I choose Primal. If someone wants to get with me and trade honest n=1 experiences of their own, without negativity, I will respond in kind. Otherwise, they can leave me alone, and I leave them to their own futures.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Originally posted by the_walrus0 View Post
      Maybe they still think red meat is evil and grains are heart healthy...but I'll bet they wouldn't complain to someone who's allergic to gluten that they 'need heart healthy grains'. They'd accept it. That person has a problem when they eat grains. I have a problem when I eat grains. Maybe not an outright allergic reaction but I definitely don't do well with them...
      As a person who has been gluten-free due to self-diagnosed gluten intolerance for a decade, I can tell you absolutely that there are plenty of people who will challenge someone who tells them gluten makes them sick and insist that they may not give up foods that are hurting them unless they present some stranger who they have never met and never will a note from their doctor that says they have celiac. No other debilitating symptom will be considered.

There are plenty of ignorant doctors out there who after diagnosing celiac or gluten intolerance after a decade or more of serious illness will tell their patients that it is too much trouble to give up gluten and they should take lots of drugs to treat the symptoms instead, as though that worked out for them in the past.

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      i continue because i can't have butter and crispy chicken skin with 'clean eating'
      According to my definition, chicken skin in butter is "clean eating".

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
      Peopleare really weird about the whole saturated fat thing. My SO, who is basically a drunk, eats a lot of junk, has never dieted.... gives the dog any small amount of fat on his meat because it is "unhealthy". LOL, I think we are brainwashed to not eat fat. I mean seriously, he'll eat acid from a strange hippie, but will. not. eat. a small amount of fat from a local, grassfed piece of beef. And this is someone who never considers the "health" of food.

Anyway, it works for me. That's what matters.
      Wait, you let him feed it to the dog instead of stealing it from his plate?

Comment

Because after doing this for 2 years I like the way I feel and look. And the food tastes great too.

Comment

I tell folks that I was asthmatic, taking Singulair, Advair and a rescue inhaler(at the hot stand-by) had intense deep tissue pain on a very regular basis(constantly taking ibuprophen), joint pain and constantly in my chiroprators office, night sweats, hot flashes, no energy, migraines etc., etc., etc. Now that I eat primal andlive primal all those concerns, conditions and ailments are but a dim memory. Why on earth would I do anything different. If they think I am a crack pot the only other thing I have to say if I even bother is, "We are all on our own path. We are each responsible for your own lives and health whether we want to believe it or not."

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
            I continue PB because it works for me and I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks, especially naysayers on the Internet.
            I'll go further and say I hope they all continue to eat crap; it'll give me and my own an advantage over the rest of the population.

Comment

I have learned to just do what works best for me at the time and that there is no need to explain my actions.

Now if someone is brave enough to ask me why I do what I do, then I believe I need to be prepared to give an answer.

Comment

Do what is best for you, let others do what is best for them.

I find that all types of people can be super annoying when on a "diet". They often want to preach their respective gospel on why there diet is right and others diet are wrong. Myself? Who cares? If someone thinks my diet is strange, who cares? If I think their diet is crazy, who cares?

To each their own. That said, i do like to take in information from people who are "anti-primal". Sometimes they have some good thoughts and studies.

Comment

I was a naysayer once. You could find my naysaying on the internet. It lives on without me. You don't know how many naysaying posts and rants you read out there that are people who have since changed their mind. All you can do is try giving up grains, sugar and crap soybean/corn/canola oil and see what happens.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Fuck em'

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                      People are really weird about the whole saturated fat thing.
                      That's sure true.

Weston Price traveled the world and documented what the healthy "primitive" people were eating: they were eating 30-80% calories from fat, and most of it from saturated fat / animal fat!!! And they were bad asses.

Yet in the US they try to eat LESS THAN 30% calories from fat, with minimal saturated fat, and are depressed weaklings.

Hmmm, somebody got their research wrong me thinks.

Comment

I'm not onboard with the "omg paleo is magic!" people on here, but naysayers of paleo can generally only be described as such: stupid fucks.
                        http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

What I'd LIKE to tell them, when they are telling me I will get 'so fat' from primal, or that it's unhealthy, or any comments anyone makes ever about what I am eating because it is none of their business, is simply:

Oh really? So that's why I am actually just a projection of a thin woman, whereas my real self is being crane lifted out of my apartment somewhere.

Why do so many people want to tell you what you're doing will make you fat- when it obviously hasn't? Especially when their diet clearly isn't working. That really tempts the snark.

In reality, I try to say nothing, because the last thing the workplace needs is more talk about diets and food and weight, dear god. And I think we deserve to give them the same respect we wish we got. So, I silently shake the head at the LeanCuisine, but don't try to preach the good word unless asked for.

Comment

Funny thing is that I think mob mentality exists in both large and small groups, and many people on this forum are naysayers while convincing themselves otherwise.

I was low carb paleo/primal for about a year. My health steadily disintegrated and only started to improve when I cut out most of the vegetables, cut back the fat, increased my sugar, added back some non-glutenous grains and stopped purposely fasting. However, you can be sure that if I suggest any of those things to people who are struggling in the way that I was, a whole bunch of 'naysayers' will chime in with 'eat more fat! Fat is the solution! Sugar is evil!'

Comment

Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
                              Funny thing is that I think mob mentality exists in both large and small groups, and many people on this forum are naysayers while convincing themselves otherwise.
                              I would agree with this, but also we are more likely to find people who are passionate about 'whatever it is' on a focused forum like this. I'm still a very firm believer that not one way of eating, or gadget, or shampoo, or whatever will be the best for everyone. Everyone is different and all we can do is to find what is closest to what we need, then tweak it. For me, I'm here because a lower carb diet with veggies and some fruit has always been a healthier option than anything else. That is apparently what my body thrives on because blood work, hair, nails, skin all improve when on it. So, I enjoy a site like this where the majority of people are doing what I am.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                              My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Originally posted by BestBetter View Post

I was low carb paleo/primal for about a year. My health steadily disintegrated and only started to improve when I cut out most of the vegetables, cut back the fat, increased my sugar, added back some non-glutenous grains and stopped purposely fasting. However, you can be sure that if I suggest any of those things to people who are struggling in the way that I was, a whole bunch of 'naysayers' will chime in with 'eat more fat! Fat is the solution! Sugar is evil!'
                                Would bet money you had an adrenal axis issue That caused that response.

Comment

Working...
                                X