Eating Enough?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Enough?

One thing I really struggled with last time around was the concept of eating enough.

Look, I didn't get fat by eating a lot. I got fat by eating crap. Even in my SAD days, I maxed at around 1300cals. When I last was eating Primal (and I imagine I'll encounter the same this go around) I would hit about 1200 and be stuffed - and I mean STUFFED! - but these leaves me with the thought that I am not "eating enough."

My goal is weight loss at first. I am very obese and ideally we are looking at around 100+ lbs to lose. (god, I think that might be the first time I've wrote that...it looks gross).

I know the idea is just eat until full. And sure I can always add fat to throw in some extra cals but is it necessary? Oddly, a very high fat diet makes me crave the opposite: sweets. I'd rather avoid this as much as possible.

Thoughts? Ideas?
    Starting Primal: 2/24/13

SW: 261.5 | GW: 135 | CW: 255.25

No need at all to load fat. Focus on whole food to maximise nutrition. Ensure enough protein so your stored fat will be released
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

What's an example day's menu?
      >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
      >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
      >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Breakfast (usually several hours into my morning as I simply cannot eat any earlier than 10-11am):

2 egg omelet with peppers and mushrooms, maybe some left over veggies

Lunch (falls late afternoon)

A Green salad with my homemade primal ranch and 2-3oz protein

Dinner (8-9pm)

4oz protein and a variety of vegetables

Snack: 1/4 c mixed berries only if I crave the sweet stuff
        Starting Primal: 2/24/13

SW: 261.5 | GW: 135 | CW: 255.25

Comment

I would increase the proteins you eat.

At first, when I started PB, I was always hungry and I never knew what to eat. I started cooking bigger portions to have leftover meat in the fridge. Whenever I felt hungry, I would just grab a few slices of cold meat from the fridge. What I do now is every week I buy 6 chicken breast, marinate and cook them.... They are our high protein, low far snack for the week. They also go well with a BAS at lunch time.
          5'7'' 127 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

Comment

Working...
          X