X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats why i eat them a few times a month

Comment

[quote]

during the first week when i went significantly low carb some couple of months ago i thought i would die: terrible headache, muscle pain, nausea... but then i somehow adapted;

for a starter, beginning from today, i plan to subject myself to 5-day no carb test (no plants whatsoever; but i guess i would have some carbs from green tea and spices);</blockquote>

Sounds like you may have been potassium deficient.

Comment

all right, i quitted after two days, because after reading some stuff here and there, i somehow got an idea that if i continued no-carbing for a long period i could become carb intolerant, so i would have no choice but to give up carbs for good, which is what i have no intention to do

besides, i didn&#39;t feel... &#39;normal&#39;: body felt hot, hands trembling, restlessness... and a simple fear something could go awry; so, my today&#39;s breakfast was a sweet potato and dried figs... overall, i quite feel miserable having succumbed to carbs...

Comment

shame, gn, I was looking forward to hearing more about some no carb experiences.

Comment

I&#39;ve gone a week max on no-carb (if it means below 5g/day)

No side-effects besides keto smell personally. I think I can stay longer but raspberries and broccoli are a weakness.

Comment

The more I think about it I like the idea of seasonal eating. Eating more carbs during summer when they would be available.

Comment

sue what do you think about the idea of it making you more carb intolerant?

Comment

i dont know if i am carb intolerant or not...but im not willing to find out.

Comment

Don&#39;t sweat it - you&#39;ll be just fine without extra carbs (i.e. eating foods that are primarily carb-based).

Up your fat intake to stave off hunger pains, and ease into it, sure... but you&#39;ll be just fine. And, many problems (like cravings) go away pretty soon.

And no, I&#39;ve never heard of "carb intolerance" - but if you have troubles eating grains or such again, that&#39;s good! It&#39;s your body&#39;s way of telling you that stuff&#39;s no good for you, right?

Comment

I&#39;m wondering about the "rebound" effects of adding carbs after a "no-carb" adventure? Is it possible to survive without grains and starches? This is a serious question. I have been a pescetarian for awhile but I don&#39;t know if giving up grains and starches is the best way to go.

Comment

Sorry, my question is: Is it sustainable?

Comment

No-carb is indefinitely sustainable.

And it can be done strictly on muscle meats. See the link I gave earlier.

Comment

Maurille, can you point out the part of the article which suggests that men can survive on only muscle meats?

As far as I&#39;m concerned some organ meats and bone marrow would be essential as well.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                            "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Oops. SerialSinner, no I can&#39;t. Looks like I remembered wrong. Sorry.

In the experiment I was thinking of, they ate "steaks, chops, brains fried in bacon fat, boiled short-ribs, chicken, fish, liver and bacon." (Not necessarily an exclusive list -- just examples.) (That&#39;s from Section II of Part 2.)

Comment

I am still reading it and I think its a great article, thanks for posting it. Sometimes its hard to adventure outside of what conventional wisdom dictates, but in this case, everything makes so much sense that I am almost angry it took me so long to realize it. I think Mark deserves credit in this regard. If it wasn&#39;t for him, I might still be eating whole grains and lot&#39;s of omega 6

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                                "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Working...
                                X