Coconut Oil Chocolate recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    I wonder if coconut flour would work instead of the shredded coconut. Anybody tried that?
    I've used almond flour, blend it in and it kinda makes it creamier and sweeter, more like milk chocolate but not really, so I imagine coconut flour will work fine. Didn't work as well just stired in though.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

I just used this recipe with coconut flour instead of grated coconut and it came out nicely! I used it to make almond butter cups (and topped each with some coconut chips). Awesome!
      >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
      >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
      >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Originally posted by MissJecka View Post
        I just used this recipe with coconut flour instead of grated coconut and it came out nicely! I used it to make almond butter cups (and topped each with some coconut chips). Awesome!
        Yep, I made some last night too with c flour. I put mine in a mini muffin pan about 1/2 inch deep so they turned out like little hockey pucks. Tasty hockey pucks.

I added some cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne, and salt. The c flour added enough sweetness that I didn't use any sugar at all. (Caveat here. I eat 100% bakers chocolate too.)

Comment

I made this yesterday with equal parts unsweetened cocoa powder and vanilla protein powder, and some sliced almonds on top. Definitely a calorie bomb but it was such a treat after lunch, and I had very little appetite for dinner.

Comment

We do coconut oil, cocoa powder, honey and then "extend" it from there as we wish (coconut, nuts, dried fruits, whatever).

Comment

also cinnamon is a good sub for cheyanne in it -- if you want some 'spice' that doesn't have quite as much heat.

Comment

Oh, I have a good coconut oil chocolate recipe.

Coconut oil, melted
                Unsweetened cocoa powder
                Glucose syrup or maple syrup -- glucose syrup (Amazon.com: Glucose 8.5 Ounces-: Home & Kitchen) I bought this by mistake (thought it was regular powdered glucose), and it's a really thick, sticky glucose syrup that's used to make gum??? That's what it says on the container, but it really thickens up whatever it is you put it in. I think it's great for making candy.
                Unsweetened shredded coconut

I eyeball all the ingredients so no measurements. I start with the CO (approx 2-3 Tbsp) and add enough cocoa powder to thicken up the oil (so that it has a chocolate sauce-like consistency). Then I add a heaping spoonful of the glucose syrup--probably around 1.5-2 Tbsp (glucose is not very sweet). The glucose syrup will really thicken up the mixture. I also taste it for sweetness. If making it for other people (who like things sweeter), I'll add some maple syrup to increase the sweetness. Finally, I add enough shredded coconut so that the mixture obtains a somewhat solid consistency. The mixture should stick together, and you should be able to shape it into balls, place on a parchment paper-lined plate, and refrigerate.

My journal

Comment

Working...
                X