No announcement yet.

What are the best appetite suppressors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right. With raw vegans I stop real fast because they really limit themselves. With the VLC, it feels like it is doable, and it's easier to label the exclusions as indulgences and treats. Even though I have that gut feeling that counting celery sticks in weird and unnatural... ahh, well. The joys of inner conflict.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
      Disclaimer- If you eat VLC and love it, that is awesome that you found your optimal diet. You should be proud of the fact you figured out what worked, not proud of what you do or don't eat....
      But look at all the pretty colors we can turn the ketostix...
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

"With the VLC, it feels like it is doable, and it's easier to label the exclusions as indulgences and treats."

It's not doable for everyone. If you can't do it, obviously your body chemistry needs a different mix of foods as fuel. The banana I ate this morning with my eggs made it possible for me to give me all at the gym...It's not "treat", it's fuel. Bonus that it tastes good, but then so did my eggs and kimchi.

I think it is really, really odd to view perfectly healthy and beneficial foods for most people as indulgences. The orange I ate had vitamin C. Most of the world considers fruit a healthy additive to a diet. Yes, you can exist off of only meat, but is it optimal for most people?

The people who exclude carby foods don't do so out of avoiding "treats" and "temptations", they do so because those foods don't provide the right type of fuel for them. I don't eat bacon anymore. I do better with the banana. They both taste good. I don't view VLC people as "weak" because they eat bacon (I view it as a treat for myself). Why should we perceive ourselves as weak for eating fruit?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Ahem, not all VLC people eat bacon. Just wanted to clear up that common misperception. I consider bacon to be a processed food and I also don't think that pork in general is as healthy as ruminant meat due to the Omega 3/6 considerations.

Comment

Ahem, not all VLC people eat bacon.
            LOL, sorry...it was the best analogy of a low carb "treat" I could come up with. I sure as hell wasn't going to throw liver out there....

But I imagine that as a dedicated VLC person, that you are really satisfied with your diet and eat it because it makes your body run better, not because you get some kind of pleasure out of denying yourself carbs? I imagine if we were at breakfast and I had my banana and eggs and you had your steak and eggs, neither of us would be looking at the other's plate in either envy or disgust....

Comment

Yeah I rarely eat bacon, I just don't enjoy it.
              Magnolia from my reading of loose skin and talking to others, it can sometimes improve over time, but once its stretched bad enough, it won't shrink all the way back. And it can be just empty skin, no fat and still be stretched out.
              So sometimes surgery is the only option if you want it gone. I plan on it once I am finished losing.

Comment

So sometimes surgery is the only option if you want it gone. I plan on it once I am finished losing.
                Yeah.... the surgery is out of my budget and I have enough trouble going to the dentist let alone that type of surgery. I've seen examples... looks like they work miracles for people. I will say, a lot of the before and afters on the websites were people that still had a lot of fat to lose, probably at least 20-30 lbs.

I'd give up fat and carbs to have tight skin without surgery.

Comment

Magnolia, your last few posts are a breath of fresh air. Yes, it's just fuel. I eat a lot of potatoes/garnet yams/sweet potatoes. Not because I'm superior or inferior, not because I scoff at low carb and not because I think low carb is the bomb and my "weakness" for potatoes makes me a failure. I eat potatoes because it's fuel. I can lift weights pretty well if I eat potatoes. I can keep them in a drawer in my office making them convenient. Nothing more, nothing less.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                    Yeah I rarely eat bacon, I just don't enjoy it.
                    But, but... bacon taste so good together with bulletproof coffee - are you leaving the primal movement Ayla?
                    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Yeah.... the surgery is out of my budget and I have enough trouble going to the dentist let alone that type of surgery. I've seen examples... looks like they work miracles for people. I will say, a lot of the before and afters on the websites were people that still had a lot of fat to lose, probably at least 20-30 lbs.

I'd give up fat and carbs to have tight skin without surgery.
                      Sorry what do you mean by this?
                      There are people out there who do not have fat to lose but have lose skin. My sister just had this surgery, and she did not have any weight left to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                        But, but... bacon taste so good together with bulletproof coffee - are you leaving the primal movement Ayla?
                        Um not sure how you got that from what I said.
                        I am still 100% primal.

Comment

The best appetite suppressant, hands down, is ................ ptomaine poisoning.
                          I can post a recipe if anyone is interested.

Comment

Sorry what do you mean by this?
                            An indication of how much I don't want surgery. I'd live off dog food if it would work....

Comment

An indication of how much I don't want surgery. I'd live off dog food if it would work....
                              Sorry I see. I wasn't sure if it was some other way to fix it I hadn't heard of.
                              Its totally fair enough. I hope things tighten up a bit for you over time.
                              How much weight have you lost?

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                                I forget about this guy. I like his stuff. Thanks for the reminder.
                                65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X