Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my nutrition covered with this workout regimen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my nutrition covered with this workout regimen?

Workout Regimen
    5am - 6am
    -------a) Kettlebell or weight training routine (Monday and Wednesday)
    -------b) Muay Thai training (tuesdays and thursdays)

6pm - 7pm (sometimes til 8pm)
    -------a) BJJ training (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and sometimes Saturday)

Planned Meals (just a rough idea since I don't actually plan out exact meals anymore)
    Wake up - protein shake
    After workout - protein mixed into a green smoothie (kale, celery, ginger root, garlic, apple, cucumber, coconut oil...) and eat like a half of a sweet potato

Lunch - steak or chicken or fish with lots of fresh veggies

Dinner - pretty much same as lunch

If I need snacks in there,,,will just grab a handful of fruit/nut mix.
    Primal (2013)
    Locavore (locally grown foods when possible)
    Training consists of Muay Thai, BJJ, weight training, and mountain biking

Would like to be in good shape by my 36th Birthday (07-07-2013)

Hard to tell without portion sizes, but it seems pretty solid to me!
    http://nickburgraff.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nburgraff View Post
      Hard to tell without portion sizes, but it seems pretty solid to me!
      first protein shake is 25g protein ~2g carbs
      2nd shake is is about 24oz of the green shake with 40-50g protein

lunch and dinner will have approx 8oz of meat and the rest of the plate is veggies
      Primal (2013)

Comment

It doesn't sound like enough food to me, but if you are doing good in all your workouts then no need to change. Especially if you're trying to lose body fat.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
          It doesn't sound like enough food to me, but if you are doing good in all your workouts then no need to change. Especially if you're trying to lose body fat.
          Should I add a breakfast after my green shake...eggs/bacon/avocado...or something?
          Primal (2013)

Comment

I think recovery time might be a bigger issue for you than recovery nutrition. Your off days are Sundays and occasional Saturdays? How much live training/rolling do you do in your BJJ classes?
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by raptoryell View Post
              Should I add a breakfast after my green shake...eggs/bacon/avocado...or something?
              If you feel energized enough to train like you already are, I wouldn't change a thing. If you start to lose too much weight, or feel run down I would eat a little more.

You're working out pretty intensely, so make sure you get good rest and good quality sleep as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                I think recovery time might be a bigger issue for you than recovery nutrition. Your off days are Sundays and occasional Saturdays? How much live training/rolling do you do in your BJJ classes?
                On the 2 hour days, the first hour is technique and the second is live. Friday which is just one hour is open mat.

I could go unlimited and have 2hr days Mon-Thurs..then 1hr days on Friday and Saturday...but for my purposes, decided Mon(2hr) Wed(2hr) Friday(1hr) and Saturday (1hr)
                Last edited by raptoryell; 02-21-2013, 01:21 PM.
                Primal (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by raptoryell View Post
                  On the 2 hour days, the first hour is technique and the second is live. Friday which is just one hour is open mat.

I could go unlimited and have 2hr days Mon-Thurs..then 1hr days on Friday and Saturday...but for my purposes, decided Mon(2hr) Wed(2hr) Friday(1hr) and Saturday (1hr)
                  My point is that you have a lot of training volume between Muay Thai, BJJ, and your added workouts. Very little extended recovery time. No matter how well you eat, you'll burn yourself out and stall if you don't give yourself adequate recovery time. I'd be more concerned about my sleep than my food at the moment if I were you.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Yeah and if you're not supplementing magnesium, please start. I recommend chelated magnesium, it's absorbed better and won't mess with your stomach.

Comment

Yeah and if you're not supplementing magnesium, please start. I recommend chelated magnesium, it's absorbed better and won't mess with your stomach.
                      Can't argue with that point. I use a chelated mag in the form of mag glycinate, and take Epsom Salt baths on top of that when I'm particularly sore or have injured a muscle.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

My point is that you have a lot of training volume between Muay Thai, BJJ, and your added workouts. Very little extended recovery time. No matter how well you eat, you'll burn yourself out and stall if you don't give yourself adequate recovery time. I'd be more concerned about my sleep than my food at the moment if I were you.
                        Good call. I should perhaps cut out Saturday training. Thanks RM
                        Primal (2013)

Comment

Will check that out. Thanks!
                          Primal (2013)

Comment

I take CALM...is that good enough?
                            Natural Calm Raspberry-Lemon 8oz
                            Primal (2013)

Comment

Perhaps keep the BJJ the way it is but only train the others on Tues and Thurs (alternating weeks with MT and KB training) Would that provide better rest periods...maybe still remove Saturday out of the mix?
                              Primal (2013)

Comment

Working...
                              X