Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True Hunger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • True Hunger

    How can you tell if you're really hungry?

  • #2
    My stomach feels like it is empty, or my stomach growls. If I'm extremely hungry, I get dizzy because I naturally have low blood pressure.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

    >> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

    Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

    Comment


    • #3
      I get dizzy.
      5'7'' 127 lbs, primal since August 2011

      My journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

      Comment


      • #4
        Besides the growling stomach, I also often feel off- a little light headed, a little "slow" in my thinking, and sometimes will get irritable.
        High Weight: 225
        Weight at start of Primal: 189
        Current Weight: 174
        Goal Weight: 130

        Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

        Comment


        • #5
          Dizzy or unable to focus on my work.

          Comment


          • #6
            Usually irritable, antzy and light headed and sometimes a "sick" feeling in my stomach. It's a cross between burning and almost nauseated, but I have gastroparesis, so I don't feel the normal hunger signals.
            __________
            Donna

            My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
            My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html



            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

            Comment


            • #7
              I am not sure about physical signals because my body signals are all messed up. My ultimate hunger test is asking myself whether I would be ready to eat plain chicken breast with tasteless veg (or something equally bland) - if yes, then I am truly hungry. If not, then my body is not that desperate to get food.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by inesenite View Post
                I am not sure about physical signals because my body signals are all messed up. My ultimate hunger test is asking myself whether I would be ready to eat plain chicken breast with tasteless veg (or something equally bland) - if yes, then I am truly hungry. If not, then my body is not that desperate to get food.
                I second this.
                My chocolatey Primal journey

                Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                Comment


                • #9
                  If you aren't sure if you are hungry or not and are worried about overeating then don't eat. As long as you eat reasonable amounts of healthy food most days you won't starve to death. That being said, unless you are a fiend for rice, potatoes, and fruit, it is fairly difficult to "overeat" on primal foods, especially if you eat high fat, low carb.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by inesenite View Post
                    I am not sure about physical signals because my body signals are all messed up. My ultimate hunger test is asking myself whether I would be ready to eat plain chicken breast with tasteless veg (or something equally bland) - if yes, then I am truly hungry. If not, then my body is not that desperate to get food.
                    Nailed it. Pick a food you don't absolutely hate but could really live without and ask yourself if it sounds appetizing. Mine are sardines and dry hard-boiled eggs. If I'm hungry enough to want to eat either of those, I'm HUNGRY. Otherwise I'm probably bored or thirsty.
                    The Champagne of Beards

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I find hunger pangs come and go, getting stronger until there is no question.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by murf73 View Post
                        How can you tell if you're really hungry?
                        If you have more than adequate storage fat on your body, then any feelings of hunger is all in your head, no matter how long you've gone without food.

                        A good friend of mine who is thin told me its when your stomach physically hurts. Then you know you need to eat.

                        I never got that feeling. Never. Even when I fasted for 4 days, I only felt like I wanted to eat because I like yummy food, not because I needed it. It makes sense. I'm probably around 10% body fat so I have a good several lbs to spare, which would easily last a few weeks.

                        Body fat is food.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My stomach hurts sometimes, and there's a feeling of emptiness but as someone who has done 22/2 IF for years, I am not bothered by it.
                          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

                          "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                            My stomach hurts sometimes, and there's a feeling of emptiness but as someone who has done 22/2 IF for years, I am not bothered by it.
                            A very lean person should be much more careful, so even if you have got used to your hungerpangs, they may be serious warnings though! A fat persons don't need to take any notice, except making sure that the hungerpangs are not disguised "thirst"... Messing up with the electrolytes is a serious issue both for fat and lean, and sometimes what is perceived as "hunger" is really "thirst"...
                            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

                            - Schopenhauer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ripped View Post
                              If you have more than adequate storage fat on your body, then any feelings of hunger is all in your head, no matter how long you've gone without food.

                              A good friend of mine who is thin told me its when your stomach physically hurts. Then you know you need to eat.

                              I never got that feeling. Never. Even when I fasted for 4 days, I only felt like I wanted to eat because I like yummy food, not because I needed it. It makes sense. I'm probably around 10% body fat so I have a good several lbs to spare, which would easily last a few weeks.

                              Body fat is food.
                              *sigh* see, I always think about this, but then people go on about "starvation mode." So which is it? Starvation mode doesn't exist if you have body fat? Especially excess body fat?
                              The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X