No announcement yet.

How many eggs do you eat a week?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally a couple of dozen as I do like them for breakfast. When all the family are home we get through roughly 10 a day ...

Comment

15-30 I guess.
      Some days I eat none, others I eat upwards of 6.

Comment

About 2 dozen. Raw yolks straight or in a dressing are awesome, fried and over some veggies or tators, scrambled with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in.

Comment

I eat 2-3 per day, usually fried in coconut oil. I want to eat hard-boiled for for some reason the texture grosses me out. Does anyone have any remedies for that?

Comment

Four to five dozen for my family of three.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
              Raw yolks straight
              Never done the raw thing, though I would probably like it - maybe. I like runny eggs.
              65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by Halfacre View Post
                I eat 2-3 per day, usually fried in coconut oil. I want to eat hard-boiled for for some reason the texture grosses me out. Does anyone have any remedies for that?
                I'm not a huge fan either. Doesn't gross me out, but I just don't find it pleasant. The only remedy is a cast-iron skillet, liberally coated in pastured bacon fat. Make an omelet when you're at home or slice up a fritatta for when you need your eggs to be packable.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by gopintos View Post
                  Never done the raw thing, though I would probably like it - maybe. I like runny eggs.
                  I love raw yolks. If I'm just doing the yolk I will actually chew it and let it sit for a while in my mouth cause it tastes so good..... Doing the whole egg with white and all I would shoot like a shot though. Raw egg white isn't nearly as palatable.

Comment

21 a week at minimum (3 per day for breakfast, usually fried in butter); i might also have hard boiled eggs as a snack once or twice a week, and usually two at a time, then. So, maybe 23-25.

Comment

I would love to keep chickens, but we would need a minimum of 15 just for our family. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                        I love raw yolks. If I'm just doing the yolk I will actually chew it and let it sit for a while in my mouth cause it tastes so good..... Doing the whole egg with white and all I would shoot like a shot though. Raw egg white isn't nearly as palatable.
                        Good to know. I pictured much slime and didnt know if I could get past that
                        65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by Halfacre View Post
                          Is it the yolk or the white that grosses you out? I LOVE LOVE LOVE Soft boiled eggs, white is cooked through and the yolk is buttery! Also, maybe try eating them warm and cold. I prefer them cold when hard boiled, but I know others that only eat them when they're still warm.

I eat anywhere from 20-30 a week I think, based on the 5 dozen I buy at a time! I consume dairy, so I make a lot of frittatas with goat cheese, spinach, roasted garlic and roasted red peppers! Nom nom nom I feel like Forrest Gump when it comes to eggs... Fried Eggs, Poached Eggs, Boiled Eggs, Over Medium Eggs, Scrambled Eggs..... Hmmm.... I'm hungry, I think I need to grab an egg!

Comment

For those of you eating raw eggs. Just curious...why? What are the benefits? Any issues with Salmonella? I have no opinion but have yet to incorporate raw eggs into meals.

A simple google search yielded some random stuff. It's on the internet, must be true:
                            Are Raw Eggs Safe To Eat? | Ask The Fitness Nerd : Answer Fitness: Practical Fitness Advice for Everyone

Comment

About a dozen, for me. I like to take 3 hardboiled eggs to work for breakfast. It makes a good satisfying meal that tides me over until lunch.
                              High Weight: 225
                              Weight at start of Primal: 189
                              Current Weight: 174
                              Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

5 eggs if I average it all out
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X