No announcement yet.

saturated fat related to Alzhiemers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom had Alzheimer's, celiac and was "pre diabetic". She never weighed more than 120. She ate corn meal mush, yeah, i know, lean meats, veggies, some fruit, fat free cheese, very little fat, no sugar. At 86 she had a stroke and died two years later. She would not have survived it without the feeding tube the docs talked my father into. I thought it was medically cruel to keep her alive because her brain was fried.

I bet she would have done far better over the years dumping the corn meal and adding fats.

Please continue adding articles. Obviously these "hereditary" diseases concern me. My moms celiac is what convinced me to try the Primal grain free approach to eating. While being low carb I still slipped into flour at times and want to minimize those slips.

Comment

As soon as anyone in the United States claims anything on health (especially the government, doctors, media, and "scientists"), I do the opposite. Sorry, but they have been 180 degrees off on everything.

Enough is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
        As soon as anyone in the United States claims anything on health (especially the government, doctors, media, and "scientists"), I do the opposite. Sorry, but they have been 180 degrees off on everything.

Enough is enough.
        Sad, but true.

Comment

Working...
        X