High fat snacks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High fat snacks?

I am looking for ideas for high fat snacks I can buy when I am away from home. I tried buying coconut milk from the shop and just drinking that but I think coconut and I do not agree. I know there is fruit but I want to keep my fructose consumption down. Does anyone else have any ideas?
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Off the top of my head.. nuts, beef jerky, pork rinds.. or you could bring HB eggs with you?

Comment

macadamia nuts. Beef jerky is generally very low fat.

Comment

Yes, macadamia nuts are awesome. I also have a habit of eating ghee and coconut oil out of the jar...yum. I know you said coconut milk doesn't agree with you but I would recommend trying the oil. Also, really dark chocolate - the bar I have in the fridge at the moment only has 16g of carbs per 100g (and works out at 56 calories, 1.6g of carbs and 5.1g of fat per square).

Comment

broth?? CHICKen thigh??ribs??

celery w/ cream cheese/nut butter

heavy cream
          Get on my Level
          http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
            I know there is fruit but I want to keep my fructose consumption down. Does anyone else have any ideas?
            They mentioned fruit which is virtually fat free so I was assuming they wanted ideas on snacks in general

Comment

What about an avocado? Or guacamole, though the pre-made stuff in stores typically has some dubious additives.

Comment

Depending on how long you are going to be away from home, some things I like:
                Canned fish: e.g mackerel is a pretty fatty fish, the brand I consume has 3grams of omega 3
                Crispy bacon
                Eggs
                Make your own protein bars with the protein powder you like and lots of butter / almond flour / coconut oil / dark chocolate
                Last edited by Kattanga; 04-11-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Lindt... where have you been all my life?

Dark chocolate, I prefer Lindtt brand because it is completely primal. Work your way up. I started with 75% cacao, then went 85% and no regularly eat 90%. Occasionally I will eat 99%.

The 85% has the following nutritional info:

Ingredients:
                  Cacao solids: 85% minimum.
                  Cocoa mass, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, brown sugar, natural bourbon vanilla beans.
                  May contain traces of peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, milk and soya lecithin.

Nutritional info:

The 90% has the following nutritional info:

Ingredients:

Cacao solids: 90% minimum.
                  Cocoa mass, fat-reduced cocoa, cocoa butter, sugar, natural bourbon vanilla bean.

Nutritional info:

The 99% has the following nutritional info:

Ingredients:

Cocoa mass, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, brown sugar.

Nutritional info:

Work your way up, dark chocolate is a very acquired taste. If you start with the 99% you will never eat dark chocolate again. Baby steps...

Cheers,

Comment

Thanks for the great ideas. I think I made my post unclear. I was looking for snacks I could duck into a store and buy whilst in town.

I think I will give the dark chocolate a try. If I get some spare time I might even try coating macadamia's in dark chocolate just to see what its like.
                    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

I use to make "muffins" from melted cocosa, 100% cocoapowder and chopped hazelnuts and almonds. It's excellent as a snack when biking or hiking when it's cold (read: below 15 degrees C). It will otherwise melt and create a mess.

Here is an image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2498415/primal-muffins.jpg
                      Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Working...
                      X