Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs after workout

Hi,

I workout at the gym 3 times a week doing bench-presses, squats, abs workout etc. This is usually in a fasted state. After my workout I make an egg omelette. I do not have enough money to buy fast digesting whey protein. Do you think this egg omelette is beneficial enough to hit that so-called anabolic window, or is it too slow to digest?

From the information I've gathered on MDA I don't need to eat after my workout if I have eaten a couple hours before whereas everyone says it's a crucial time to eat. There is a lot of conflicting information on the internet and it would help to get the view of this community, even if some guys/girls could tell me what they eat after their workout.

Thanks!
    -safe is the new risky

For just yet ANOTHER conflicting opinion on the matter:

Post Workout Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

From what I've heard, nutrient time is largely irrelevant.

Daily intake of protein is more important than post-workout - with the exception of maybe having trained in a fasted state of 24hours+.
      Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
      https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
      MFP Food Diary:
      http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
      (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Egg omelet is beneficial in any window you can conceive of

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          This.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
            Agreed.
            Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
            https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
            MFP Food Diary:
            http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
            (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Thanks Drumroll,

That post link answered all my questions pretty well (mostly the comments after the post). To sum it up it is not critical to eat every time after a workout. It looks like some people are fasting 16hrs pre-workout and then continuing the fast even longer (unreal!). It all comes down to experimentation and finding what works for your body, only I can find out the answer.

I will however definitely be eating those egg omelettes as needed but will not be stressing about the 1 hour anabolic window.
              -safe is the new risky

Comment

Not optimal if you are in a fasted state i.e. no food consumed the same day and if working out in the afternoon. If working out in the morning and you have been eating the night before there will be no problem. It also depends on the degree of glycogen depletion in your workout...
                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                X