Omega 6/3 ratio - explain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    That being said, I think it should be pointed out that you're still probably better off focusing on grass-fed beef and wild-caught fish than chicken or pork, and the general categories of animals, vegetables, squashes and tubers over nuts and seeds, and whole foods over processed manufactured products.
    I agree, but not because of some omega 3:6 ratio.

Grassfed beef and wild caught fish are better because they are more nutrient-dense per calorie and don't contain the antibiotics that CAFO-raised animals do. Farmed salmon is a nasty gray color (color is added later) while wild caught salmon is a nice orange/pink. I think that says a lot about the health of the animal you are eating. Eating sick animals sick people.

I don't think there is anything wrong with eating chicken. At all. Do I think beef and lamb are healthier? Yea, but let's not let perfect be the enemy of good. Chicken is still healthy.

I think vegetables, squashes and tubers are healthier than nuts and seeds because they contain less anti-nutrients and are much more nutritious per calorie. Whole foods over processed is a no-brainer, except in rare exceptions (white rice vs brown rice, nixtamalized corn vs untreated corn, soaked nuts/legumes vs raw...of course it's up to you to decide if these are all whole foods).
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
      I agree, but not because of some omega 3:6 ratio.
      Yup. That's precisely the point I was trying to get across. You don't believe, I'm on the border of belief/agnosticism about it, and we can imagine a 3rd person who totally buys it, and we can all ultimately draw the same conclusions about what's good and safe and nutritious to eat and what's not.

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
      Grassfed beef and wild caught fish are better because they are more nutrient-dense per calorie and don't contain the antibiotics that CAFO-raised animals do. Farmed salmon is a nasty gray color (color is added later) while wild caught salmon is a nice orange/pink. I think that says a lot about the health of the animal you are eating. Eating sick animals sick people.

I don't think there is anything wrong with eating chicken. At all. Do I think beef and lamb are healthier? Yea, but let's not let perfect be the enemy of good. Chicken is still healthy.

I think vegetables, squashes and tubers are healthier than nuts and seeds because they contain less anti-nutrients and are much more nutritious per calorie. Whole foods over processed is a no-brainer, except in rare exceptions (white rice vs brown rice, nixtamalized corn vs untreated corn, soaked nuts/legumes vs raw...of course it's up to you to decide if these are all whole foods).
      Again, we're in agreement on all of this. Acceptance or rejection of the relevance of n-6:n-3 ratio notwithstanding.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
      X