No announcement yet.

Fasting was a disaster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever I have done a 23 hour fast I've done it by having breakfast and then not eating until the following breakfast. Somehow sleeping through those final hours made it easier to bear.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I'm not sure this helps, but watch your exercise level during fasting. If you exercise you must eat IMO.

The best fasting from my perspecive is when you lightly move as to not deplete your body energy and find yourself starving.

Example from this week for me was traveling to Trenton NJ (disgusting city, never go there) where I knew I couldn't get a good exercise in. So I only ate dinner both evenings, and even they were light with one salad and one steamed veggies plus an orange for desert each meal.

On the downside, last night I came home and played indoor soccer with the kids and was light headed after playing... So two meals in 48ish hours is bad for my soccer energy. LOL

Also get plenty of sleep when fasting.

That being said I do not plan to fast, just with lower exercise your body naturally does not crave the food. BUT if you are on the SAD diet there is no way you could make it that long without a big sugar crash. Before primal, I would get light headed very easily when skipping a meal, now I can go all day without thinking about it.

Good luck in your IF journey!
      Full on Primal family and loving it!!!
      This is going to be a big year for vitamins and minerals!

Comment

Working...
      X