No announcement yet.

Stevia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Each to their own, I know Mark uses an artificial sweetener sometimes as well,
    Stevia seems to be fine, haven't found a negative report on it,
    but for me, I have a philosophical issue, we didn't evolve to eat it, our body get's the taste and prepares for Sugar, then nothing, zippo, just some tangy dust, I don't really like the taste anyway.

If you need the sugar, use it or Honey, Maple syrup etc., I don't see the problem, it's all in your intake, just make sure you burn it off.

If for some reason you can't eat those quantities of sugar, then I reckon you shouldn't go there anyway.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Don't think stevia is a good replacement in baking, primarily due to bulk, or rather the lack of bulk with stevia. I'm not a baker, so don't have a good alternative to offer. But I do like stevia and use it for sweetening things all the time when they need to be sweetened - but only after cooking, when they are ready to consume.

Find your 100% pure stevia at the health foods store. Small jar, big price. On the other hand, you use very little so cost per serving is ok. Most come with a "scoop" that is a serving size, it is ridiculously small. I made the mistake early of adding a normal spoon of stevia in a cup of coffee, I couldn't drink it, it was so sweet it was bitter! We use stevia for most sweetening projects, that little bottle still has a lot in it and we've had it a long time.
      The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
        but for me, I have a philosophical issue, we didn't evolve to eat it, our body get's the taste and prepares for Sugar, then nothing, zippo, just some tangy dust, I don't really like the taste anyway.

If you need the sugar, use it or Honey, Maple syrup etc.,
        Sure we did, its a plant thats been used for thousands of years, admittedly what you usually buy now has been processed.. but its not artificial.... You can even grow your own if you want. (assuming you dont have black thumbs like mwah....)

How to Take Stevia Cuttings
        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
        X