Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixed-Up Signals about Veggies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mixed-Up Signals about Veggies?

    I've been having a hard time eating vegetables lately. Not that I don't like them, not that I'm a picky eater. They're simply not interesting right now! Given a choice, I'll eat meat first, then skip the veggies all together!

    At first I thought that this must be mixed signals from my body from years of eating crap. I thought I should force myself to eat more veggies.

    However, I realize it's winter and that my ancestors hail from a northern area. Could this be a legitimate signal from my body? Or should I keep trying to cram vegetables down my gullet?

  • #2
    Or you're just bored of them. I get bored of meat sometimes, as long as you're getting enough nutrients elsewhere, I wouldn't sweat it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

    "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

    Comment


    • #3
      Why eat something you don't want to eat? Paleobird has a whole thread going about being a carnavore. Eat organ meat, drink bone broth, and eat what vegetables strike your fancy. I ate asparagus for 2 weeks straight (no other vegetables) - why? I felt like asparagus. Life happens. Eat and move on.

      Now, if you start getting deficiencies of some kind*, please for the love of all that is primal eat some freaking real food and do not pump yourself full of suppliments.

      *writer's note - how you determine deficiencies is up to you. I'm not a doctor, inhabiting your body, or giving you a blood test so use your own judgement

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        Now, if you start getting deficiencies of some kind*, please for the love of all that is primal eat some freaking real food and do not pump yourself full of suppliments.

        *writer's note - how you determine deficiencies is up to you. I'm not a doctor, inhabiting your body, or giving you a blood test so use your own judgement
        This is what I'm kind of worried about. I'm afraid that I'm missing some important things by not eating veggies and that my body is still too screwed up to be able to tell me when it needs something.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sarahelyse View Post
          This is what I'm kind of worried about. I'm afraid that I'm missing some important things by not eating veggies and that my body is still too screwed up to be able to tell me when it needs something.
          Well, I am not an expert of such things but J. Stanton (hopefully I spelled his name correctly) over at Gnoll Credo talks about a meat-based diet, and I would check out Paleobird's thread for more on not eating vegetables. If nothing else, drop her a PM. She has always been very knowledgable and forth-coming when it comes to any questions I may have had.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            Well, I am not an expert of such things but J. Stanton (hopefully I spelled his name correctly) over at Gnoll Credo talks about a meat-based diet, and I would check out Paleobird's thread for more on not eating vegetables. If nothing else, drop her a PM. She has always been very knowledgable and forth-coming when it comes to any questions I may have had.
            Awesome! Thank you so much!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sarahelyse View Post
              Awesome! Thank you so much!!
              You're welcome. Here is the link to PB's thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76160.html

              Comment

              Working...
              X