heavy whipping cream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy whipping cream

What's everyone's thoughts on drinking on average a 1/2 quart of heavy whipping cream a day with maybe a total of 8oz. of greek yogurt a day? Lots of fat, tastes great, keeps a person energetic, but seems a wee bit sketchy.

BTW trying to gain weight.

EDIT: Also obviously eating a normal paleo/primal diet on top of that.

Originally posted by trakan View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on drinking on average a 1/2 quart of heavy whipping cream a day with maybe a total of 8oz. of greek yogurt a day? Lots of fat, tastes great, keeps a person energetic, but seems a wee bit sketchy.

BTW trying to gain weight.

EDIT: Also obviously eating a normal paleo/primal diet on top of that.
    I'd say no. Sure does taste great, and sure is sketchy (1/2 quart of heavy whipping cream a day). Don't try to gain too fast. Your strenuous job will help gain weight and put on muscle rather than fat when you don't gain too fast. Keep your macro's win the 'normal for PB' range. 8 oz greek yogurt probably won't hurt.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

According to nutritiondata, the cream adds 176 grams of fat and a super impressive 2 grams of protein... on top of what you're already eating...

So you just want to get really fat is what you're saying?

Comment

Yeah it seemed like a good at the time: /

I'm about 40lbs under weight...

Comment

Oh, okay. In that case, do it. Mixed diets are great for gaining weight, too. Ton of carbs + ton of fat + ton of calories = weight gain.

Comment

Would eating tons of carbs put me at risk of being tempted to fall back into my soda addiction? I'm a little apprehensive about falling back in to the Carb addiction cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by trakan View Post
              Would eating tons of carbs put me at risk of being tempted to fall back into my soda addiction? I'm a little apprehensive about falling back in to the Carb addiction cycle.
              Depends on you. You will have to try since you need to gain.

Comment

If you want to pack it on in the form of fat, sure. If you want to gain weight more evenly and reasonably, eat more overall, increase carbs, and lift some weights.
                F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

If you tolerate dairy well, and you can get good heavy cream, depending on your standards (raw, grass-fed, whatever floats your boat), I say it's an awesome choice to add some fat to your diet without a whole bunch of additional protein that you may not want or need.

Shorter answer: Go for it.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Cream tastes awesome, and is certainly a good source of calories.

Our family goes through about 4L each week.
                    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Working...
                    X