Canine Advise from a Holistic Veterinary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jesster View Post
    This. Is this correct? And if so, could you please explain?
    The holistic vet just said they were ineffective. A rabies shot, for example, had been shown to be effective only for 1 day. I don't know any more than that.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      Errrrt..... illogical. Your body is and always has been primal. Its the environmental stresses that are incongruent with this innate state that predisposes you to dis-ease and poor health.
      Yes, point made. Let me re-word the question to How long does it take to become a solid fat-burner? Or How long does it take to clear up all the damage I've done from eating CW (assuming that can be done and that I'll live that long)?
      Last edited by Cryptocode; 02-12-2013, 01:45 PM.
      "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Life span & size comparison is probably pretty accurate. I have read that on a GAPS protocol to heal gut problems, it takes several years to really heal. And that's if you're 100% strict/compliant! This is why I worry when people try to rush the weight-loss process when they run into stalls. Something must be healing. Maybe it's best not to stress the body by messing around with new protocols at that time.

I don't know that dogs have simpler digestive systems, I just think they do because they are built to process fat & protein, and that's basically it.
        Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
          How long does it take for your body to become primal? How long does it take to be healthy, or to be cured? There's never an answer to these questions and it's different for everyone, but there must be a minimum for a healthy, young person.
          All I know is that I'm over three years into this way of life and still seeing improvement. Recently lost some residual abdominal fat. Wish I could see what I'm doing to my arteries
          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            Life span & size comparison is probably pretty accurate. I have read that on a GAPS protocol to heal gut problems, it takes several years to really heal. And that's if you're 100% strict/compliant! This is why I worry when people try to rush the weight-loss process when they run into stalls. Something must be healing. Maybe it's best not to stress the body by messing around with new protocols at that time.

I don't know that dogs have simpler digestive systems, I just think they do because they are built to process fat & protein, and that's basically it.
            I agree that it probably does take at least this long, but that is rather discouraging, and as that is a minimum just for eating CW, and I have been worse than that, it will probably take the rest of my life.

On the other hand, I feel good now, already. And that's really what my first goal was.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
              The holistic vet just said they were ineffective. A rabies shot, for example, had been shown to be effective only for 1 day. I don't know any more than that.
              I would really like to see some data to support that. Any idea what resource your vet used?

Rabies is still present in many reservoir species in this country and I would suspect more rabies outbreaks in dogs if vaccines were that ineffective. Countries where rabies vaccines are not used have frequent rabies outbreaks in dog population. Plus, from an immunologic standpoint - nothing would really be effective for only 1 day - not much in your immune system works that way.
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Working...
              X