No announcement yet.

Is cheese on your Primal plate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese is wonderful. I use a couple of tablespoons of grated parmesan to liven up some dishes. I also like goat cheese and lox wrapped in nori. To curb my tendencies to eat it in large quantities, I try to stick with small portions of pricier cheeses.

So, yes, it's on my plate.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I fear I have a problem with cheese, I buy organic string cheese for my kid's lunches and end up eating half of it myself. :x We may have to have a cheese-free month soon, once the organic raw milk sharp cheddar I stockpiled from Aldi runs out...

Comment

I eat real cheeses (artisanal, mostly raw milk cheeses). But in very small quantities.

I also eat yogurt I make myself from whole organic milk I source locally.

I eat sour cream (creme fraiche, really) made from local organic cream and buttermilk, and use a dab of it here and there.

I don't drink milk.

Pea

Comment

Every time I eat cheese, I get sucked into the cheese-chocolate-coffee vortex that I have to painfully force myself out of. I give up on it
          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

We eat cheese, mostly raw artisan, only strong flavored no mild stuff for us. I don't usually snack on it but will use it in a dish. I did the whole30 w/o dairy and didn't seem to notice any difference. We also make our own sour cream which is divine.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I love cheese. However 2 months ago I gave up dairy except for butter. I'll work it back in when I'm healthier, maybe. I'm finding I can live comfortably without it. My main challange now is to eat 5-6 servings of green leaves a day, at 2 cups / serving. That's hard. I wish I could like kale.
              "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

I adore cheese and eat it a few times per week. I found a great organic raw sharp cheddar that I buy every time I go to the market. When I don't go raw, I enjoy bleu, sharp cheddar, goat's milk, sheep's milk, and mozzarella cheeses! I also consume dairy in the form of Kerrygold and other European butters. I don't drink milk.

I'm about 90% primal now, and one of my guilty pleasures in my 10% is ice cream which I probably have once a month, if that.
                Last edited by MissJecka; 02-11-2013, 11:52 AM.
                >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

Not at all. I consume absolutely zero dairy of any kind and I honestly don't miss it or ever have the desire to consume it.

Comment

As much raw organic cheese as I can afford 100-200g a day. I woul eat a pound or more if I could afford it. I think everybody should, I don't see a reason to not eat it. I think it falls in the liver-eggs category whwn it comes to nutrition. And it tastes amazing.
                    well then

Comment

I bloody well love dairy (but can appreciate why others do not).

If I could subsist off cheese alone, I certainly would. Alas, I cannot.

Cheese is a (relatively) inexpensive protein source, especially for me as I don't like egg (yet).

I like practically every kind of cheese. Goat cheese is beautiful for my salads, Meunster (an American style cheese) is great for snacking, and I'm growing quite fond of Queso Fresco / Queso Blanco (Mexican White Cheese, very close to Farmer Cheese).

The latter is potentially least "Primal" in terms of the PB. However, it's quite a bit the least refined cheese possible.

Soon: Making my own cheese.

M.

Comment

Working...
                      X