Aspartamine - the systemic killer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspartamine - the systemic killer?

I came across this, which given all the political and corporate involvement (not a surprise on this blog), is really shocking! I have always given my children a 'real' sugar treat (pre-primal) because at least I always knew what that was and that it would rot your teeth and make you fat! Chemical formulas I never understood so at a gut level would not eat or feed knowingly to anyone else. There is a real need for genuine clarity around ALL food and nutrition matters, urgently.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Sorry for the rant ... but you wonder what else is being hidden from view?

Scaremongering, mostly, like the lead in lipstick articles floating around these days. I mean artificial sweeteners aren't good, they're as processed as they cone, and they will cause negative reactions in some, but for list of us, they're fine. Aspartame and sucralose and tons of other artificial sweeteners are used in plenty of food and drinks and it hasn't been killing many of us. I use aspartame myself in my very hot teas and coffees. I'll let you guys know if I get sick and die.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I heard an epidemiologist on NPR several years ago call Aspartame a ticking time bomb. She said it is responsible for changes in the brain that can't be seen right away because of how long they take to show themselves. Brain cancer was one of the major issues I recall. It can take decades to show itself. Not worth the risk in my mind.

Comment

My wife figured out years ago that her migraines were caused by the Diet Dr. Pepper that she drank at work. Even a piece of gum with aspartame will send her in to a migraine of several hours. N=1 says aspartame is bad.

Comment

Some people may get allergic reactions from all kind of stuff! A famous example is the guy that got serious allergic reactions from roses, and his doctor made a "test" by putting false paper roses in his office before the allergic guy visited him, and guess what; The guy got all his bad reactions with severe skin irritations etc when seeing the false paper roses which he thought was real roses! What does that "experiment" tell us about the subjective experiences of N=1?
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
            Scaremongering, mostly, like the lead in lipstick articles floating around these days. I mean artificial sweeteners aren't good, they're as processed as they cone, and they will cause negative reactions in some, but for list of us, they're fine. Aspartame and sucralose and tons of other artificial sweeteners are used in plenty of food and drinks and it hasn't been killing many of us. I use aspartame myself in my very hot teas and coffees. I'll let you guys know if I get sick and die.
            But how do you KNOW, aspartame doesn't kill "many of us" ( even one would be too many of course)?

Comment

Originally posted by Aili View Post
              But how do you KNOW, aspartame doesn't kill "many of us" ( even one would be too many of course)?
              It's up to people that makes extraordinary claims to present evidence to support their view not the other way round...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

A friend of the family was trying to lose weight, and changed from eating sugar to eating aspartame. After a few months, he became blind in one eye. His doctor got him off the aspartame, and his vision slowly returned. This was in the early 90's.
                "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

That sounds like a very smart Doctor ... your friend was lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by Aili View Post
                    None of us get out of here alive.

Comment

I may be Scaremongering, and it may also be very true. I'm one who is convinced, after all I've read, the artificial sweeteners are very, very bad. The only time I might use them now is for coffee, and I put honey in it. I really don't like unsweetened coffee.
                      "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

I don't use artificial sweeteners, since if I want it badly enough, I'll just use some real sugar. But *IF* I was to use an artifical sweetener, Stevia seems like the best of the bunch.
                        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

[QUOTE=Damiana; I'll let you guys know if I get sick and die.[/QUOTE]

That would be interesting on many different levels.

Comment

Working...
                          X