No announcement yet.

What are your macros?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend not to 'over count' anymore. I'm around 60%Fat, 20% protein and 20% carbs. I crossfit 3 to 4 x per week, and on those days, I increase carb slightly, and decrease fat. On 'rest days, I decrease carbs and increase fat. I keep my protein constant every day.

Since crossfitting, (7 weeks), my weight has not changed, but my body recomp is amazing. I continue to lose inches in the waist and the stomach is now flat. Increases are happening in the shoulders, chest, arms and legs.

I eat 95% primal ----- maybe higher. I'm in the process of completely eliminating alcohol (wine) because it affects the quality of my workouts and my sleep.

It is the dead of winter here in Canada and I haven't been out walking for a few months, but once the spring hits, i'll be walking nightly (6-10km nightly).

Since being primal for 9 months, I've become good at preparing some standard meals during the week, and try a new recipie once every few weeks or so. I don't bother trying to re-create SAD foods through paleo. In other words, I don't bake paleo, I don't make crusts with almond flour etc......I just eat meat, veg, fat and lots and lots of water. I do enjoy my morning bullet coffee and my one big indulgence is high fat Greek yogourt which I like to have once a week.

I also am a sticker for 9-10 hours of sleep a night which is not hard when doing crossfit --- I'm generally in a state of exhaustion after my workouts.

That's about it --- just trying to keep it simple.
    /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      That's brilliant!!! Delighted for you I got really anxious LC, so yeah, everyone's different
      Thank you
      "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

Originally posted by itchy166 View Post
        60F/20-30P/10-20C consistently around 3000kcal

I didn't really chose these macros, I eliminated non-primal foods, added coconut milk, and tracked everything for a couple of weeks. This is where I naturally fall.
        Yep I too just ate my normal way and then tracked it carefully for a couple of weeks (out of interest) :

Approx numbers are :
        Cal = 2600
        Fat = 70% (~ 1800 Cal, ~ 200g)
        Protein = 20% (~ 520 Cal, ~ 130g)
        Carb = 10% (~ 260 Cal, ~ 65g)

I didn't realize my fat intake was that high - hidden fats everywhere

Very happy with my body composition, though I'm trying to increase muscle a little.
        Last edited by EatMoveSleep; 05-11-2013, 02:56 AM.

Comment

60/30/10

c/p/f
          Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
            Protein: 110-140g
            Fat: Bare minimum of 55g
            Carbs: Fills in whatever remaining calories I have.

I don't do ratios. Seem fairly pointless to me. I shoot for 22-2400kcal a day, sometimes more depending on how I feel.
            That's mean you eat over 300g of carb (a lot) - a lot of starchy/sugary veg/food eaten ???? - If not, then I wonder how you get that amount of carbs.

And your approx figures are:

f 55g 500 Cal ~ 22%
            p 125g 500 Cal ~ 22%
            c 325g 1300 Cal ~ 56%

Comment

Originally posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
              That's mean you eat over 300g of carb (a lot) - a lot of starchy/sugary veg/food eaten ???? - If not, then I wonder how you get that amount of carbs.

f 55g 500 Cal ~ 22%
              p 125g 500 Cal ~ 22%
              c 325g 1300 Cal ~ 56%
              I eat 400g of carbs a day, sometimes more, and? Probably fruit, juices, rice, potatoes, ice cream, etc;
              Make America Great Again

Comment

f 55g 500 Cal ~ 22%
                p 125g 500 Cal ~ 22%
                c 325g 1300 Cal ~ 56%
                I get my carbs from mostly rice, sweet potatoes and white potatoes. Sometimes bananas - especially when frozen, kinda like ice cream. I find it pretty easy to get carbs in.

Those macros I posted are just minimums, however; sometimes I feel like eating more bacon or more steak or whatever. I just hit those protein and fat goals and fill the remaining calories with whatever. Just seems easier that way.
                Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                MFP Food Diary:
                http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Originally posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
                  I get my carbs from mostly rice, sweet potatoes and white potatoes. Sometimes bananas - especially when frozen, kinda like ice cream. I find it pretty easy to get carbs in.

Those macros I posted are just minimums, however; sometimes I feel like eating more bacon or more steak or whatever. I just hit those protein and fat goals and fill the remaining calories with whatever. Just seems easier that way.
                  Yep, I'm guessing you'd need be very active - my level activity would mean I wouldn't burn it off.
                  I eat a lot of veg, some fruit, some nuts, no added sugars, near zero starchy foods - I'm nowhere near 300g - it suits me.

Comment

I am just coming back to Primal after falling off the wagon majorly so right now I've been eating very low carbs and quite a bit of protein in order to gain some lean muscle and speed up the loss of fat (its been working well!).
                    So for this week and the next week I'm shooting at an average of 65%f/25%p/10%c

Sometimes I only get 20g or 30g of carbs but then other times I get 60g but it balances out over the week.
                    This isn't going to be a long term strategy though after probably 2.5 weeks of this I'll increase my carb intake back up to about 75-115g per day which is where I maintain best whilst still reducing body fat.
                    I feel so isolated as every day I search for others like me, I havn't found them yet but I will one day...

Comment

Yep, I'm guessing you'd need be very active - my level activity would mean I wouldn't burn it off.
                      I eat a lot of veg, some fruit, some nuts, no added sugars, near zero starchy foods - I'm nowhere near 300g - it suits me.
                      Maybe. Have to disagree, though. I'm lazy as hell.

Typical routine is 4x a week lifting for one hour tops, then sit around all day eating chocolate, drinking coffee and playing video games in order to procrastinate actually Uni assignments ;D
                      What suits you doesn't seem too bad. I could maybe do that, should my love of chocolate die (so probably never)... but I would rather eat starches over fruit. IMHO they taste better - sweet potato fries are a lot more satifying and satiating than, say, and apple.
                      Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                      https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                      MFP Food Diary:
                      http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                      (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

dont get pretained towards such things everytime as that would cause you a patient of cholestrol and high blood pressure
                        Last edited by AureliaWaterman; 05-21-2013, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X