Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My macros are all over the place lately, but I prefer 40-50c/30-50f/10-20p
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
      25:50:25 C:F:P

I don't see how eating primal can lead to more carbs. I even eat 10 bananas a day
      FYI - my carb intake for yesterday was 172.7. And I didn't even eat any starch! The foods I ate (that have carbs in them) are below. They add up...

Greek Yogurt 400 grams: 26
      Egg, whole, fried 3 medium: 1
      pepper, large: 12
      Nectarine: 14
      Coconut water, canned or bottled: 30
      wine, Pinot Noir 1 serving 5 fl oz: 3
      Honey 4 tablespoon: 69
      Carrots, raw : 6
      Milk, whole 1 cup: 11
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I dunno if I answered this one recently.

I'm usually around 110g protein; 90 (ish) g carbs; the rest is fat. At 1600 calories per day (average), i'm looking at 27.5% protein, 22.5% carbs, and therefore 50% fat -- and thus, 89 g of fat per day.

Sometimes carbs go up and fat goes down. Depends upon the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
          70/20/10 c/f/p. and all from primal approved foods.
          Id truly love to know how this is possible. Not trying to fight, but I have not seen anyone else with carbs that high in this thread.

Comment

Oh and last time I checked (am not now) 75/20/5 f/p/c

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
              Id truly love to know how this is possible. Not trying to fight, but I have not seen anyone else with carbs that high in this thread.
              It's not really that hard to get carbs eating Primally; just get a majority of calories from fruit and starch. In fact, it's really, really easy.
              Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
              https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
              MFP Food Diary:
              http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
              (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

what would a day with those macros look like then?

I just changed my goals to that on MFP, keeping the calories they suggest and I get:
                Calories - 1520
                Carbohydrates - 266g
                Protein - 76g
                Fat - 17g (Surely this means id not be able to cook with any fat, just what I got from meat)

I added all this to MFP and its only half of that goal:
                Fresh Raw - Cherry Tomatoes, 4 tomatoes (149g)
                Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium
                Carrots - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
                Onions - Raw, 10 rings
                Cucumber - With peel, raw, 0.5 cup slices
                Fresh - Rocket Leaves, 100 g
                Banana - Banana, Raw -
                Woolworths - Baby Spinach (Fresh Pack)
                Food Lion - Brocholi, 4 spears
                Sweet Potato - Steamed or Boiled, 100 g

Its hard to imagine being able to fit in that volume of food doubled. And so low in fat. I guess those ratios mean you have to eat often?

Comment

I don't know, I just eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghshl View Post

I like you.
                    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                    MFP Food Diary:
                    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
                      this is what I do now. It makes more sense to me.

Comment

I just posted my carb intake on the previous page. I was up at 172.7gs yesterday... which actually put my macros at 60:25:15 (C:F:P). Normally fat and protein would be a bit higher but I didn't eat much yesterday.

If you eat any kind of dairy / starch / honey it's very easy to see those macros escalate. I was shocked when I started counting at how high my carbs were! Particularly since a few months ago I was afraid to eat beetroot because of the potential insulin spikes
                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                          FYI - my carb intake for yesterday was 172.7. And I didn't even eat any starch! The foods I ate (that have carbs in them) are below. They add up...

Greek Yogurt 400 grams: 26
                          Egg, whole, fried 3 medium: 1
                          pepper, large: 12
                          Nectarine: 14
                          Coconut water, canned or bottled: 30
                          wine, Pinot Noir 1 serving 5 fl oz: 3
                          Honey 4 tablespoon: 69
                          Carrots, raw : 6
                          Milk, whole 1 cup: 11
                          Ah yep i see hows its possible, thanks, I hadn't seen this yet when I asked.

Whatever works for you I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                            Whatever works for you I guess
                            Still finding that

Unlike when I first started eating Primal, and was consciously restricting carbs / aiming for a high % of fat, now I'm eating intuitively and this is where I'm ending up. Out of all the WOEs I've experimented with, this feels the best so far.

- Ray Peat

Comment

Great

Comment

I think it would be well-doable to flip the diet to higher carb just by eating more fruit/veg.

I mean, before going primal, I would easily eat 3-5 pieces of fruit per day. Usually 2 apples and 3 oranges or thereabouts, yes? I mean, that right there is 100 g of carbohydrate. And then I also ate vegetables -- and usually at the amounts I currently eat -- so that would put me up another, say, 80 g? So, you know, I could do 180g without sniffing!

So, that's 720 calories right there, and if I'm consuming 1600/day, that's 45% -- and again, that's hardly even trying. That's just eating some tasty food. put up then 110 g protein (my basic need) which is 440 cals and 27.5% of daily diet, and then remainder, then, would be fat (27.5%) -- or 48g.

Now, truth be told, if you are also eating dairy in there (yogurt, milk) and perhaps even potatoes/sweet potatoes and rice. . . then it's getting even *easier* to get the carbohydrates up higher -- and therefore the fat must be lower.

Really, the only "constant" is your protein intake. You need enough, and the 1 g per lb lean mass is a good way to go. I need about 105, and I tend to get about 110 on an average day.

Outside of protein, carbohydrate goes up, fat goes down. Fat goes up, carbohydrate goes down. It's not hard to push either one to the fore. If, like me, you like fruit and veg -- it's really easy. I mean, veg is very low carb over all, and potatoes don't make me that happy, but fruit does. I *love* fruit.

So, I could quite easily push my diet that direction (high carb, low fat) with no real struggle.

Comment

Working...
                                X