Ok guys, can't get above 900 calories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok guys, can't get above 900 calories

Um, seriously, I need guidance. Tomorrow is day 10. I cannot get to even 1000 calories per day. Why? I'm not hungry. I wake up, not hungry- drink coffee. Get hungry between 10-11am. I eagerly eat. Always a salad. (can't get enough greens.) I usually put 2 big handfuls on mixed greens, (typically spinach, kale, chard, lettuce) tomatoes, sunflower seeds and a serving of meat. 4-6oz. First few days, I ate a normal amount. Even started the day with eggs and bacon. But the last 5 days I can't even finish this salad. Get about half way through and I'm full. Don't get hungry again until around 7-8 pm. I usually just cook some meat.

I don't know what's going on here. Never in my life have I never been able to eat enough, but this is just freaking me out.

My fit pal says I should be eating around 2000 calories for my weight/height ratio. And that's to lose 2lbs per week. All I can say is.... what. the. hell.

Oh, today I got desperate and did a melted coconut oil shot. Um. No. Not the taste, but it hit my stomach like a rock.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Cut down the coffee. Caffeine is an appetite suppressant.

Comment

are you working out a lot? When I train too hard I don't eat enough and I can't sleep.
      http://www.cantneverdidanything.net/

Comment

Don't worry about it. If you are losing weight, your body is making up the calories with body fat. If you are afraid you'll waste away to nothing, don't worry. You'll get hungry soon enough. You'll see.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          Don't worry about it. If you are losing weight, your body is making up the calories with body fat. If you are afraid you'll waste away to nothing, don't worry. You'll get hungry soon enough. You'll see.
          Exactly this.
          There are a lot around here who believe in the starvation mode thing, but if you aren't hungry, no point in making yourself eat more.
          I have the same issue.

Comment

No, I'm not working out at all. Too cold to be outside.

So, I should just ride it out? But, wait a minute. . . Won't eating so few calories eventually screw me over by sending my body into "starvation mode"

Thursday was the beginning of my second week. Hadn't weighed at all. Finally decided to. Great. I weighed today and the scale reflects 5 lbs lost. Normally I would think "oh, it's just water." But I was strict primal for an entire week before this. Typically my water weight is out the door in a week. Ah hell, I don't know.

Comment

Ayla, I think you and I posted at the same time. I've been seriously stressing over this because I am afraid of sabotaging myself. A woman I know who is paleo suggested I just push myself to eat. I can't I seriously will throw up.

Alright. I feel better now. I'm just going to let things go as they are. Thank you.

Comment

How do you feel?

Comment

How much fat do you have to lose? Also i assume your a woman?

Comment

If you feel 100% better, and not tired or weak, then I wouldn't worry.
                    Do you have a lot to lose though? I guess if you are a normal weight, and are losing fast, then you should worry.

I am not losing super fast, even though I have weight to lose, but do feel 100% awesome each day. The weight loss will come, I know that.

Comment

Eh, I have lots of fat to lose. I am female.

I feel. Normal.

Comment

Well if you stick with it for awhile you will run into deficiencies. And yes your body will eventually lower your metabolism to reflect the intake of calories and most likely will regain the fat when you do raise calories back up.

Low calorie diets dont work long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
                          Eh, I have lots of fat to lose. I am female.

I feel. Normal.
                          Then don't panic.
                          I believe that if your body started to need more food then it will tell you

Comment

I think the main thing is to eat when you are hungry and until you are satisfied, and that amount may grow over time as you lose weight, etc.

For right now, just take the time to observe what is happening and go from there.

Also, it's not at all "too cold to be outside." I lived in PA and hiked out in the snow all the time -- even after the biggest snow storms. I still like to go to wintery places when I can and do a few hikes in the snow. It's pleasant.

Comment

GM sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                              X