No announcement yet.

Ok guys, can't get above 900 calories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I should add- I don't eat a lot of carbs. My only carb intake comes from sunflower seeds, carrots, and whatever is in the greens I eat. Sometimes, I have a piece of fruit. Tonight at work I had some strawberries that were left over to get me over the massive donut attack. I wish I didn't work in a bakery.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

You can eat sweet potatoes if you feel you need them

Comment

Ok, sorry, but are you crazy Zach? People don't think a like. Never will. It is what makes the world a wonderful place. Why put yourself through so much frustration? I mean, doesn't it eventually make you REALLY ANGRY that every single other person who is on this forum is primal, believe primal, eat primal and live primal?

THAT doesn't seem good for one's health. JUST saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
          Ok, sorry, but are you crazy Zach? People don't think a like. Never will. It is what makes the world a wonderful place. Why put yourself through so much frustration? I mean, doesn't it eventually make you REALLY ANGRY that every single other person who is on this forum is primal, believe primal, eat primal and live primal?

Clap Clap

Although sadly he is not the only one. There are a few others that think the same.

Comment

Oh, I don't do sweet potatoes. Just don't like em'. That doughnut battle wasn't about sweets. I don't crave sweets. It was just about the fact that I can't have it, but my stupid head thought it needed it. I'm allergic to gluten. So I really CANT have it.

Comment

Some people around here also do white potatoes and white rice. But I think those of us who have such a lot to lose, they are not a great idea.

Comment

Not frustrated a bit. You are new so you dont know the dynamic but if you search my posts you will notice a pattern of a select few who have to try and trash me at every opportunity, most of the time when i am not even responding to that person. I dont mind it, i have had to clear my PM's multiple times from talking with so many people that i have helped or are interested. The only reason i am here is to help a select few that need help and are willing to be open minded. I dont post in every thread that praises fat and give my opinion.

You asked for help and i gave my honest and knowledgable opinion on what will happen if you continue down your path.

You said above that if im not primal then i must believe in conventional wisdom. That couldnt be further from the truth.

Comment

No, I'm not working out at all. Too cold to be outside.

So, I should just ride it out? But, wait a minute. . . Won't eating so few calories eventually screw me over by sending my body into "starvation mode"

Thursday was the beginning of my second week. Hadn't weighed at all. Finally decided to. Great. I weighed today and the scale reflects 5 lbs lost. Normally I would think "oh, it's just water." But I was strict primal for an entire week before this. Typically my water weight is out the door in a week. Ah hell, I don't know.
                  Two weeks is not long, not long enough for your body to adjust. I haven't had much appetite either, although with fats I can get to 1500 cal. But slowly, slowly, even without exercise I have been getting stronger. And as I get stronger my appetite has begun to pick up.

You can workout indoors with a variety of things. Mark has lots of recommendation on youtube.com for simple indoor exercises. For my capacity they have to be simple.

Most important though, is, don't stress. Let your sights long term, next year maybe, and do your best to follow PB. Spend some time each day learning about one food or one health problem. How about appetite. Just learn, don't try to force it.
                  "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Um... I'm confused. Call it my "noob" showing... but if you aren't primal, and don't believe in primal, and prefer conventional wisdom, why are you here? I really don't mean to be rude. JUST curious. Seriously.
                    Use a nutrition tracker like paleotrack.com and try not to go under 50 carbs ever, for now. But that's really easy to do. By seeing the numbers I hope you will feel better about staying on PB.
                    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Thanks for clarifying Zach. I really was just curious. Not out to make an enemies... yet ;-)

Thanks cryptocode. I keep totaling and retotaling and everytime I'm like... WHAT? I've been sneaking in CO anywhere I can because I'm not at my fat % either.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
                        Use a nutrition tracker like paleotrack.com and try not to go under 50 carbs ever, for now. But that's really easy to do. By seeing the numbers I hope you will feel better about staying on PB.
                        Yes this if tracking doesn't send you crazy though. Some can do it OK
                        Last edited by Ayla2010; 02-09-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

No, I'm not going anywhere. I feel good doing this. And hold up. You're saying I shouldn't be UNDER 50g carbs? But... I need to lose weight... not maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                            Not frustrated a bit. You are new so you dont know the dynamic but if you search my posts you will notice a pattern of a select few who have to try and trash me at every opportunity, most of the time when i am not even responding to that person. I dont mind it, i have had to clear my PM's multiple times from talking with so many people that i have helped or are interested. The only reason i am here is to help a select few that need help and are willing to be open minded. I dont post in every thread that praises fat and give my opinion.

You asked for help and i gave my honest and knowledgable opinion on what will happen if you continue down your path.

You said above that if im not primal then i must believe in conventional wisdom. That couldnt be further from the truth.
                            You can't say will. I think you mean MIGHT. Possibly, potentially, or even maybe NOT

Comment

No, I'm not going anywhere. I feel good doing this. And hold up. You're saying I shouldn't be UNDER 50g carbs? But... I need to lose weight... not maintain.
                              Yeah the book suggests under 50g for faster weight loss/ketosis, but he calls 50-100 g effortless weight loss. But if you feel fine at under 50g then leave it at that.
                              There is a whole thread dedicated to people who are eating vlc and higher fat, and all feel awesome and are having great results.

Comment

Welcome, Gladmorning. You'll get lots of advice here, lol.

Early on in my weight loss, I was pretty comfortable at 1000-1200 cal/day. Based on how fast the weight was coming off, I was burning 1000 cal/day in body fat. At the time I hadn't cut processed foods out of my diet, so maybe 60% of my consumed calories were carbs. (Even now I'm rarely below 110g carbs/day.) I think if you're carrying a lot of excess fat and you're able to burn it, you're in a great place, because it suggests there isn't anything seriously wrong with your metabolism.

As you get smaller, you may find that the weight loss slows and you get hungrier. Do not panic! You haven't done something terrible to your metabolism. It's perfectly healthy for a body to try to preserve remaining fat stores as they get smaller and smaller. Play around with your macros, play around with intermittent fasting, increase your food consumption, trust yourself to find your own sweet spot. I cannot stress enough that nobody is going to be smarter about knowing what works for you than you will be. And be patient.
                                50yo, 5'3"
                                SW-195
                                CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                                GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Working...
                                X