Yeast and mold free suggestions and assistance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leida View Post
    Do you guys pre-assemble your veggies/fruit for the juice? I find that juicing and cleaning the juicer takes too much time in the morning/makes too much noise. I have to wash and cut up celery, an apple (quater and core), kale or cabbage (wash and chop), cucumber (wash and cut) and peel 3 or so oranges (for my folks). Plus cleaning the juicer is a big chore (stuff sticks in every crease). Wholist told me I can do it in the evenings, but I am not an evening person. So, do you guys pre-cut to meet your 2 min limit? I really want to juice daily, but I have to admit I struggle b/c of time it takes.

All that I do to prepare the veg/fruit for the juicer is wash it. I do not peel, chop, or core anything. The juicer that I have can handle things whole, so I don't have to. The whole thing takes me about 5 minutes to juice and then I immediately rinse the machine. I use water and a microfiber cloth (instead of soap), and then quickly dry it and put it back together.

Yes, it is noisy.

For our lunch veggies, we sometimes cut ahead of time and sometimes just chuck a cucumber and bell pepper into the bag and cut it at work (we have a kitchen in our offices; I brought an inexpensive knife for this purpose). But, usually we just chop it in the morning.

Comment

Have you tries lara bars. They do not contain any gluten, soy, or dairy.

Comment

Here's a top 10 list to avoid for mold contamination. I personally can't eat dairy either because most cow's milk tastes soured to me.
        Mycotoxic Foods – Top Ten

Comment

zoebird, it's kinda hard to tell us how busy you are, while at the same time posting comments which must have taken an hour to write. Oh well, your posts are good. :-)

notlupus, look up the anti-Candida type diets. They also have to avoid fermentation:

Foods To Eat On The Candida Diet | The Candida Diet

By the way, sounds like you should add the SO to the list of things to avoid...
          5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

You might want to look into the Bulletproof Executive's site. It is basically high fat paleo with a focus on reducing mycotoxins from molds. He has an extreme sensitivity to them and has designed his version of paleo around this. It isn't for everyone, but it might be worth looking into. Buttery coffee is optional.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Thanks! I'd heard of bulletproof executive but had no idea he was super sensitive to mold as well until a couple days ago when I was telling a friend with mold allergies that coffee might be moldy and that's why he's reacting to it. I'll have to read up a lot on the site and see what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by notlupus View Post
                Thanks! I'd heard of bulletproof executive but had no idea he was super sensitive to mold as well until a couple days ago when I was telling a friend with mold allergies that coffee might be moldy and that's why he's reacting to it. I'll have to read up a lot on the site and see what he does.
                Coffee can trigger mold allergy?

Comment

Zoebird, thank you so much for taking the time to post your family's routine. I'm always looking for a more streamlined approach to cooking, and I plan on stealing some ideas. I'm also yeast-allergic, and I found a lot of relief just going grain-free. Sometimes I get rice tortillas and they don't bother me--other times, I seem to have a reaction.

Going to check out the bulletproof site, too. Thanks, all!

Comment

Working...
                  X