Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried these Olive oil Potato chips? Decent snack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried these Olive oil Potato chips? Decent snack?

Olive Oil Potato Chips | Good Health

saw these at the store today but was hesitant to pick them up or the crack black pepper variety. seems legit.

Put down the potato chips. Get out of that aisle completely.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Agree with SB.

I do admit, however, to very occasionally purchasing some from an Amish farmer that are cooked in lard. Yum!
      Starting Weight: 197.5
      Current Weight: 123
      Far healthier!

Comment

No, not a good snack and probably isn't even real olive oil. Most olive oils are really a mixture of other toxic oils like canola. If you think a potato chip manufacturer is going to use pure olive oil think again.

Comment

As much as I LOVES ME SOME SPUDS, I wouldn't touch bagged potato chips with a 10 foot pole, or the Bugles cooked in coconut oil for that matter. When foods, especially starchy ones, are heated up to deep frying temps, bad things are produced.

Comment

Originally posted by candy corn View Post
            Olive Oil Potato Chips | Good Health

saw these at the store today but was hesitant to pick them up or the crack black pepper variety. seems legit.
            Yes I'm guilty of buying these once in a while. I don't personally see a huge issue with having these at times and I figured I am way better off than the rest of the population.

Comment

I confess to having bought TJ's Olive oil chips. That said it is better to make your own. Just cut up a potato, season, pour some EVOO on it and stick it in the oven.
              You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
              height 5'3
              SW 215 lbs
              CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
              LW 172 lbs
              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Candy Corn, Stop, drop, roll and run to a primal aisle! Real bad carbs in any kind of chips. Try a snack of almonds and macadamia nuts, mixed with a little dried fruit. The only potatoes I occasionally eat are sweet potatoes. You can slice them length wise, season them, and bake them on a sheet with virgin olive oil. Happy snackin.'

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                  Put down the potato chips. Get out of that aisle completely.
                  Very true, you will keep hesitating to get over the line. You will have to continuously think about if this or that is ok to eat and you are very likely to binge or something.
                  well then

Comment

Not good, NOt primal. Slice sweet potatoes on your mandolin. Spread them on a baking sheet and sprinkle them with coconut oil and bake them at 400 for a few minutes. Delicious, and takes only a few minutes.
                    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

I've had their avocado oil variety, they're pretty good and if I remember correctly, avocado oil is better for frying. The bags are small and the price is high though, so it's a very rare treat--I think I bought them twice in the span of a year, and only because my husband occasionally has a serious craving for chips and french onion dip (which I make myself since the store bought stuff all has MSG and other weirdness in it). Now that I have a mandoline, I'd like to try making sweet potato chips myself.

Comment

Or cut the potato variety thin, then shallow fry in coconut oil, then cover in salt.
                        They are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
                          Slice sweet potatoes on your mandolin.
                          I literally glanced at my mandolin sitting next to my fiddle. Uh, no, that's not gonna work. Ha ha.

Originally posted by meeshar View Post
                          I've had their avocado oil variety, they're pretty good
                          Of course they are good. They're potato chips. One of life's most delicious and perfect junk foods.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I also picked up some Avocado oil potato chips I am having difficulty with allergies, can't eat the nuts and dried fruits and many other good snack style food, these fit the bill occasionally.
                            Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                            Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                            Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Ingredients All Ingrediets are GMO-Free

Potatoes

Olive Oil

Sea Salt

They seem like a good snack.

Comment

Working...
                              X