Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spaghetti Squash - definitive information?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spaghetti Squash - definitive information?

Doing a search through this site, I can't get a definitive answer if spaghetti squash is a "good" carb or not. Poking through the threads, a lot of people seemed to have asked the same question but there doesn't seem to be an answer. I bought one for the first time today, cooked it and shredded it and oh my Lord it's delicious. Where have you been all my life! But I know very little about it and want to know a little more about how to best incorporate it into my diet.

What on earth...
    Of course it is!
    It's a vegetable. EAT IT!

Use it how ever you like.
    Google up some recipes... convert them to "Primal" if they have non-Primal ingredients.
    Many people use it as a noodle replacement with traditional red meat sauce, just like spaghetti.
    Or with a creamy white sauce and some other vegetables for a prima vera.
    Or just add some butter and garlic and use it as a side dish.
    Delicious.

Enjoy your food.
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-04-2013, 11:19 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I love spaghetti squash! And I never worry about its carb content. I make a tomato sauce from scratch with lots of fresh veggies and fresh herbs, some Primal meatballs, and then use the squash as others would use pasta. Can't go wrong!!
      "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

^
        What he said!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Spaghetti squash is great! And one makes many servings of "spaghetti". I cook em in the slow cooker. Just plunk them in whole with a little water and a few hours later, tasty perfection.

Comment

Yeah it's primal, and I love the stuff. I eat one a week. Either use it as a pasta replacement for spaghetti, or sauté it in olive oil with basil and diced tomatoes and serve it as a side veggie.

edit: parsley goes very well with it too!

Comment

Whole food isn't primal.

Comment

Originally posted by lala70 View Post
                ^
                What he said!!
                Did I mention how good it tastes when you share
                "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

Spaghetti squash is actually pretty low in carbs, compared to most other squashes or tubers. I regularly eat 1-2 cups of the stuff with homemade bolognese sauce. Also, if mac and cheese was your comfort food as a kid, spaghetti squash with butter, garlic salt, and parmesan or nutritional yeast tastes gives me the same warm fuzzy feelings. Love it.

Comment

Spaghetti squash is a fun food. I always wonder what the seeds would be like toasted. Anyone ever toast them up?

Comment

Originally posted by PaleoBlog View Post
                      Spaghetti squash is a fun food. I always wonder what the seeds would be like toasted. Anyone ever toast them up?
                      Yep! They're good!

Comment

Spaghetti squash is awesome. I was concerned I was having an adverse reaction to it, but it turned out to be something else. Now my household has spaghetti squash once or twice a week. It's quick and easy and good for you!

If you're trying to stay low-carb, maybe don't eat the whole thing at one sitting. Otherwise, go to town on it!

Comment

Cook the spaghetti squash,Then take a fork and shred it. Saute onion and garlic in a little bit of olive oil and butter, throw in some basil or parsley.Toss the spaghetti squash and mixture together and VOILA... Delicious as a side or main dish!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

the seeds are just like pumpkin seeds, which I love, and usually just eat right out of the squash after it's done

new users beware, a largish squash can make A LOT of "spaghetti", so if you are only feeding 1-2 people, get the smallest one you can find; also, it is mostly water, so it doesn't freeze well or keep well very long, it will release a lot of water over time
                            Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

Comment

Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
                              Spaghetti squash is actually pretty low in carbs, compared to most other squashes or tubers. I regularly eat 1-2 cups of the stuff with homemade bolognese sauce. Also, if mac and cheese was your comfort food as a kid, spaghetti squash with butter, garlic salt, and parmesan or nutritional yeast tastes gives me the same warm fuzzy feelings. Love it.
                              yeah so true. I love this type of squash. It's so filling and it such a good alternative to a regular pasta

Comment

Working...
                              X