Eating near bedtime?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating near bedtime?

I have to eat every three hours, but not while I'm asleep. As a result I tend to try to eat something small at the very most a couple of hours before sleeping. I know that dehydrated veg works nicely as evening/night-time snacks, but I'm rarely able to make batches of these with my dehydrator. Can anyone suggest any snack ideas?

I dehydrate meats for snacks, which are perfect for me being low carb / keto most the time. (they last for up to a week or so) I also like celery for late night snacks. Just curious, what do you have to eat every 3 hours?
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Comment

You are probably not enough enough fat if you are needing to eat every 3 hours.

Comment

Why do you need to eat every 3 hours? If you can go 8 hours without eating while you're sleeping, you can go 5 or 6 hours while you're awake.
        Sandra
        *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Coffee makes me sleepy, especially with cream or coconut milk in it. So I usually have that with a few carbs, like carrot sticks or turnip slices.
          "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra in BC View Post
            Why do you need to eat every 3 hours? If you can go 8 hours without eating while you're sleeping, you can go 5 or 6 hours while you're awake.
            I have a stomach condition about which very little is known. The electrical rhythms in my stomach don't work properly if I don't eat every three hours (though occasionally I can go over this. It's more of a general rule of thumb, and if I have a couple of days of going over it then I tend to find that it's worse on the second day). While I'm asleep I'm not aware of the problem, so it's fine. If I lie in late then I tend to be aware of it, and if I haven't eaten for a few hours before bed then I'm also aware of it. The main unique symptoms are regurgitation and a particular type of pain.

Comment

I can eat anything within paleo every 3 hours (paleo foods digest better), but I have to eat because of a stomach condition. I like dehydrated meats but really I need an alternative which is easy and fast to make. I'm a student and I leave my dehydrator at home so I don't spend on the electrics!

Comment

Some fruit, a handful of nuts, a piece of cheese, an avocado, etc. Dehydrated vegetables sound...nasty. I'd rather have my vegetables fresh or cooked, the thought of rehydrating them is not so appetizing.
                F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Hard-boiled eggs can be mashed up with primal sauces (like guac) and nibbled at near bedtime, to keep your stomach easy until you fall asleep.
                  Nuts and sliced apples are good too.

Basically anything you can pick at, so you don't have to eat a large meal, but can keep your stomach full until you fall asleep.
                  --
                  Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                  I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                  I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Originally posted by My Stomach Eats Me View Post
                    I can eat anything within paleo every 3 hours (paleo foods digest better), but I have to eat because of a stomach condition. I like dehydrated meats but really I need an alternative which is easy and fast to make. I'm a student and I leave my dehydrator at home so I don't spend on the electrics!
                    Gastroparesis?

Comment

Originally posted by zizou View Post
                      Gastroparesis?
                      Not quite. A 'preprandrial bradygastria'. Essentially, the rhythm doesn't function properly when I don't eat...but it's under the wide name of 'motility conditions' so there are more symptoms, even when I do eat.

Comment

Fruit, nuts, avocados...thanks. Yes, this is what I've been going for, but what about when you're trying to reduce the amount of fruit and nuts you're eating, and your avocados aren't ripe? I just need more choices. I've had tinned mackerel before, which worked surprisingly well.

Comment

Greek yogurt (with a few pecans and a drizzle of honey perhaps?) is one of my current favorites, plus, the probiotics are supposed to be really good for your stomach/intestines. Kefir is also a great treat before bed.

Comment

Working...
                          X