Too Much Magnesium?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Much Magnesium?

I've found that 1200mg / day Magnesium cures my constipation. Is that too much for good health? Does it need to be balanced with Calcium, or perhaps something else?

This seems pretty heavy handed.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

How much calcium rich foods do you eat? That amount of magnesium seems fine, because excitatory calcium with magnesium, the calcium could be a problem. The calcium has to move somewhere, ideally in the bones. If something is wrong with calcium metabolism(magnesium, vitamins a, d, k) it can lead to problems.

I usually get a lot of magnesium through oxide, epsom baths, coffee, chocolate, and only drink 1-2 quarts of milk a day.
    Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      How much calcium rich foods do you eat? That amount of magnesium seems fine, because excitatory calcium with magnesium, the calcium could be a problem. The calcium has to move somewhere, ideally in the bones. If something is wrong with calcium metabolism(magnesium, vitamins a, d, k) it can lead to problems.

I usually get a lot of magnesium through oxide, epsom baths, coffee, chocolate, and only drink 1-2 quarts of milk a day.
      Where can I find out about calcium metabolism(magnesium, vitamins a, d, k)?
      "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Working...
      X