No announcement yet.

Newbie Grok - FroYo and Muffins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think going cold turkey into Primal is really the only way to do it. Just commit. Do a Whole30 and be done with processed food forever.

Comment

Chocolate covered macadamia nuts are my favorite for keeping my sweet tooth in check.

Comment

Full-fat greek yogurt with some fresh blueberries, a drizzle of honey, and either a dollop of sunbutter (like peanut butter, but made from sunflower seeds) or a small bit of crushed nuts/seeds of your choice. Filling from the protein in the yogurt, sweet, tart, and just generally delicious. This is my go-to when I need breakfast and don't want eggs and meat. I don't always eat breakfast so this functions as more of a "treat" for me, not something I have every morning.

I had similar issues with the massive sweet tooth when I first started changing my diet. All I can say is that you will notice your taste buds change for the better the longer you stick with it. Sweets were what I held onto the longest when I first started. Bread, pasta, rice, corn, etc I cut fairly easily, but I could not get rid of the craving for sweets, though I did notice quickly that once I was eating real foods the cravings were cut down somewhat. Now I'm finally at a point where I am making the real effort to end my reliance on sugar. I do still have something sweet and not-primal every now and then, but I make sure that it is something worth the splurge, not just some random junk candy.

Comment

Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
          This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think going cold turkey into Primal is really the only way to do it. Just commit. Do a Whole30 and be done with processed food forever.
          I think this is a good way to start. It doesn't work for everyone, but at least you have that first month of trial and error (finding recipes, figuring out what you like, making a schedule etc.) to help guide the rest of your journey. I didn't really start to buckle down till I did a Whole30 nearly 6 months after starting Primal (or trying to).
          Depression Lies

Comment

No. Gluten-free does not necessarily mean primal. You're putting as much processed food in your body as you would on a typical diet eating that crap. Eat some meat and vegetables.
            F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
              No. Gluten-free does not necessarily mean primal. You're putting as much processed food in your body as you would on a typical diet eating that crap. Eat some meat and vegetables.
              boom
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Y'all certainly seem to spend a lot of time tearing each other apart for people who are supposedly living the same lifestyles. Not everyone does things the same way you do - and that's true no matter who reads it. That doesn't mean they're wrong and it really makes you sound like a jackass when you adopt a holier-than-thou attitude about someone else's personal preferences. The original question was 'are these foods considered primal?' the answer is no, they aren't. Other member offering tips as to what might be closer to primal and still satisfy her sweet tooth until she can wean herself down further doesn't make the other members any less primal. It's a stepping stone, cuz not everyone can just jump right in.

Comment

There's jumping in, then there's taking a 5 mile shortcut.
                  F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

From where she seems to be starting, even the 5 mile shortcut would be an improvement. Isn't that the point? To at least make progress in the right direction?

Comment

OP- I used to have what I called a sweet jaw. Forget a tooth, it was a whole jaw. What helped me was finding the richest, freshest, best-grown foods and indulging in them. I went from whole milk and honey in my tea to just heavy cream and it was an improvement. Garden-grown veggies (farmers markets, CSAs, friends with gardens) don't need dressing up. They are nothing like what you get from the store. Grass-fed meats are more flavorful, as are free-range eggs. That turned it from "avoiding sweets" to "indulging in" other things.

(Also, reading the book or Primal Blueprint 101 | Mark's Daily Apple should help clarify what's PB and what isn't.)
                      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Working...
                      X