Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
    *chuckles* I love how you call it the Russian Circus, Jenn.
    I actually stole the term from Cori, I believe. It's become a common term around here.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• All the better then. Im tickled by this new name.
      The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        I have one for topical purposes (refined so I don't smell like a giant coconut all day long - quite honestly, it makes me want to eat my arm!) and some for cooking purposes, both refined and unrefined. Hubby and son aren't big fans of the coconutty taste.
        If I use coconut oil on my skin, my dog thinks I am one giant lollypop and won't leave me alone.

Comment

• oddly enough, while I tolerate it very well internally, externally it gives me a rash.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Eh, we're doing madras curry. Spices, chicken, cream, stock, 1 zuke, and 1 onion will feed 4 adults, more if you stretch it with rice.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              If I use coconut oil on my skin, my dog thinks I am one giant lollypop and won't leave me alone.
              hahaha sorry but this makes me laugh. Mine have never been around while I've got coconut oil on my skin. Imagine the yellow one would lick me incessantly. He used to lick my legs "dry" as I was toweling off in the shower as a pup. He's a weird dog.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• The Russian Circus is here in the backyard and I'm ready to tell the ringmaster to get the F out. Probably the worst one since the ablation. Macros are going to be off today. I am craving cheese and chicken(odd yes) right now and have indulged a bit after having alll my macros figured out. Plus, I've got a tinge of depression as well. I think my head is trying to look at food for comfort right now cause I don't have much else to comfort it with. Meh.
                Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                  The Russian Circus is here in the backyard and I'm ready to tell the ringmaster to get the F out. Probably the worst one since the ablation. Macros are going to be off today. I am craving cheese and chicken(odd yes) right now and have indulged a bit after having alll my macros figured out. Plus, I've got a tinge of depression as well. I think my head is trying to look at food for comfort right now cause I don't have much else to comfort it with. Meh.
                  Mine is always rough. Cramps, sickness, headaches, BLOAT like no other. I was hoping that maybe going primal would ease things up a bit, but I guess not.

Comment

Mine is always rough. Cramps, sickness, headaches, BLOAT like no other. I was hoping that maybe going primal would ease things up a bit, but I guess not.
                    It never helped me either. That's partially why I had the ablation done. It was much easier to do that then have to worry about going disability for one week every month for what is left of my child bearing years.
                    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      I have some unrefined CO which I bought for cooking before I knew better. Would it be OK to use this on my skin? (whilst avoiding my dog of course!)

Comment

Funnily enough, mine has. There is no 7lb weight gain & cramps or bloating anymore. It is bliss!

Sorry to those who are suffering

Comment

• Well, I've only been at this three weeks. I'll give it more time before I give up on it helping. Though, I won't sit here and count on it. There is a history in my family of brutal periods and a lot of uterine issues. I think I'm fighting genetics here.

Comment

• I have to admit, during TOM is the time I really miss being on the pill, 3 days and I could barely tell. Of course this last one I had did not even last a full day. Now I know that means I am in for some hormonal fun, but for now, it was good.
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My cycle has always been screwy. Never comes the same day. Always jumps around like a heroin addict. One month it'll be light and easy, then I'll pay for it ten fold the next month. It's like it KNOWS it took it easy on me. Stupid body. I'm still bracing for my weigh-in tomorrow.

Comment

• More from my blood ketones experiment. I hope the attachment shows up. On my chart, the ketosis line goes with the data above it since I test first thing in the AM. So, my .4 results on the 9th of February actually go with my tracking from the 8th. I'm not sure if it's that sensitive...meaning what I ate yesterday immediately affects my ketones today...but there you go.

I highlighted the day I was able to keep my protein around 55g (56 actually) and I'm not able to see any clear advantage as a result of that. I also highlighted the highest fat day of 146g and didn't see any real change in the data then either. The 2 days with the highest readings for ketones were the days I went running then tested (no water, no food, etc before testing...just forgot to do it until I got back). So, I'm still experimenting. Any requests since I have the machine?

I'm thinking about doing a reading every other day since things aren't changing enough to necesitate a daily tracking but I'm not sure what to change other than to try to lower the protein to try to get deeper into ketosis. Thoughts?

Megan

Screen Shot 2013-02-19 at 7.52.25 PM.png

Oh, the one day that has 2 reaadings was a day I tested at the end of the day to see if things changed dramatically based on the time of day.

Comment

Working...
                                X