Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by adavison View Post
    How has your weight loss been with your protein lower? (if you don't mind sharing)
    Yes. The closer I get it to 70g, the more difficult it becomes for me to lose weight. I can tell I've gained something back due to my pants fitting tighter in the gut than they have in awhile. I did tend to have a protein blowout over the weekend so that could be a part of it. Plus, I think the Russian Circus may be making its arrival soon. Between the two, I have noticed some gain. The easiest way for me to not hit the higher end of the protein scale is to not eat it at breakfast and to try to have as little protein as possible with breakfast.
    Georgette

Comment

• I do best if I split my protein evenly, right now I am shooting for less than 23g per meal.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
        Yes. The closer I get it to 70g, the more difficult it becomes for me to lose weight. I can tell I've gained something back due to my pants fitting tighter in the gut than they have in awhile. I did tend to have a protein blowout over the weekend so that could be a part of it. Plus, I think the Russian Circus may be making its arrival soon. Between the two, I have noticed some gain. The easiest way for me to not hit the higher end of the protein scale is to not eat it at breakfast and to try to have as little protein as possible with breakfast.
        Thanks!
        37 yof
        5'9

Macros:
        70% fat
        20% protein
        10% net carbs
        1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
        CW:171
        GW:155

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          I do best if I split my protein evenly, right now I am shooting for less than 23g per meal.
          I have not a found a way to split it evenly. If I could, I would.
          Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
            I have no idea how I would keep my protein to 60g and under, but not eat dairy
            Before tonight & pebbles new idea which I am now going to try I was going to eat 57-58g of protein a day simply by eating a tin of fish (in the UK they come in 88g sizes) & a very small (3oz) piece of turkey or chicken breast +a couple of eggs (1 yolk/1whole). My intended ratio was 19-2-79 cals 1270-1350 The only dairy I would have eaten was butter - not sure if you count that . Many people don't because it is pure fat & has no milk proteins in it.

l Hope this gives you some ideas

Comment

• How long did it take everyone to not feel so hungry?
              I'm on day 8 with good fat marcros but still hungry.

Comment

• Originally posted by something4me View Post
                How long did it take everyone to not feel so hungry?
                I'm on day 8 with good fat marcros but still hungry.
                It is different for everyone, most people report a marked decrease in hunger after 2-3 weeks.
                My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• My hunger levels fluctuate cyclically. But my hunger is not the same as before I started this. I can let a hunger signal go and I won't get weak or ill. But the change was gradual. Of course I also lowered my carbs gradually too. somewhere between one and two weeks maybe.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thanks Kymma and Demuralist.

Comment

• I also seem to remember that for the first week or so, I didn't really pay attention to the calories, just added a bit of fat when I was hungry, it slowly settled down.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
                        It depends hat you mean by a fat fast. If you Ignore the low calorie part & just look at upping your fat to 90% (Ie you assume the term to mean taking nearly all of your calories from fat) then the following works:

If you assume Pg =60 = 10% of cals, Cg =6 = 1% of cals (carbs taken from eggs & nuts only) that leaves 89% for fat

This would give you 238g fat with a total of 2400 cals which I think is round about your BMR + activity

PS: Phinney states in his Art & Science of Low Carb Performance that 0.6 x current LBM is the lowest you should go (which for me is 62g). Everyone has their own ideas I guess. This is why it makes it all so confusing & why we have to keep experimenting.
                        Sure, it would work that way, but I don't want to eat up to my TDEE even if I usually burn a little more. I will probably just try to hit the normal Fat Fast protocol for a few days, then move up to 60g protein.

According to Dr. Ede, the P & V formula gave her too much protein to reach the 4.0 mmol. That is why I was looking at the .36 x weight (I chose goal weight) from the Institute of Medicine.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• You know what pisses me off...My Mom died of ovarian cancer 16 months ago. I sort of knew that low carb was the way to go and we extended her life a few years, but of course I wonder if we had just gone that extra mile...

Well, cancer risk is my main reason for taking on this extreme NK lifestyle. Hope I can remember that next time I want to binge.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post

According to Dr. Ede, the P & V formula gave her too much protein to reach the 4.0 mmol. That is why I was looking at the .36 x weight (I chose goal weight) from the Institute of Medicine.
                            I'm going to try the 0.36 x HSIS this week too. If I'm still losing LBM then I'll move up to the P&V formula longer term.

Comment

• Excellent, Let us know. I am very interested in your results.

I just worked out the perfect Fat Fast plan for tomorrow. 999cals-90%fat. Today I had 1253 cals-85%fat. Had to have a real dinner or the husband would have asked questions. He will be working tomorrow night, so I will eat while at work and skip dinner.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• .36x's goal weight would put me just under 60g of protein (57g), I hit 65 today. I will shoot for between 57 and 60 and see how I do.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X