Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woke up feeling very dejected at my lack of progress this week. Not due to measure til the 24th but I looked in the mirror naked (sorry if TMI) & found my stomach has sunk inwards. All the old skin is still there (looks terrible like wrinkled chicken skin) & everything has gone south but there is a hollow under my rib cadge (not much but it's there) & everything is really flabby & loose. It seems like the fat is melting underneath but leaving all the skin in place. Also tried my jeans on & could get the last hole of my belt done up but stomach flows over the top so couldn't wear them out like that. So changes are definitely taking place.

However, I now have 2 new problems - my large thighs are preventing me from getting any smaller size trousers & I have lots of flowing skin. Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
      Woke up feeling very dejected at my lack of progress this week. Not due to measure til the 24th but I looked in the mirror naked (sorry if TMI) & found my stomach has sunk inwards. All the old skin is still there (looks terrible like wrinkled chicken skin) & everything has gone south but there is a hollow under my rib cadge (not much but it's there) & everything is really flabby & loose. It seems like the fat is melting underneath but leaving all the skin in place. Also tried my jeans on & could get the last hole of my belt done up but stomach flows over the top so couldn't wear them out like that. So changes are definitely taking place.
      It does take time for skin to tighten up after the fat disappears. I read a plastic surgeon say that skin continues to tighten up for a year after weight loss has completed.

However, I now have 2 new problems - my large thighs are preventing me from getting any smaller size trousers & I have lots of flowing skin. Anyone got any ideas?
      I have muscular thighs and calves, too. It will probably keep me from wearing skinny jeans, because at my height (5'4") they will bunch up unattractively around the knees, as they are designed for taller people. Now there's a first world problem, a 57 year old woman who can't find skinny jeans that fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
        Woke up feeling very dejected at my lack of progress this week. Not due to measure til the 24th but I looked in the mirror naked (sorry if TMI) & found my stomach has sunk inwards. All the old skin is still there (looks terrible like wrinkled chicken skin) & everything has gone south but there is a hollow under my rib cadge (not much but it's there) & everything is really flabby & loose. It seems like the fat is melting underneath but leaving all the skin in place. Also tried my jeans on & could get the last hole of my belt done up but stomach flows over the top so couldn't wear them out like that. So changes are definitely taking place.

I have been losing in chunks in really strange places, and if it was not for weight lifting, Bikram Yoga and P90X I would look awful naked as it seems to have firmed things up.

Oh and I exfoliate and use a high quality firming cream to make my skin look better.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
          I have muscular thighs and calves, too. It will probably keep me from wearing skinny jeans, because at my height (5'4") they will bunch up unattractively around the knees, as they are designed for taller people. Now there's a first world problem, a 57 year old woman who can't find skinny jeans that fit.
          This made me laugh so hard (and, it's my problem too)
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Wow!! I need to read labels more often!

HWC has 60 calories per tablespoon and I use far more than that in each cup of coffee or tea. That is 960 calories per cup! While I was using HWC to get fats in I think that with that sort of calorie profile it doesn't need to be in my daily consumption.

Whole milk has only 10 calories per tablespoon and coconut milk has 26. Either one of those will suit me just fine.
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
              HWC has 60 calories per tablespoon and I use far more than that in each cup of coffee or tea. That is 960 calories per cup! While I was using HWC to get fats in I think that with that sort of calorie profile it doesn't need to be in my daily consumption.
              Yup. This is what gets me every time. I will fall into the 'I don't need to measure that; I use it all the time" mind set and then when I do measure I think, "Holy cow, I use 1/4 cup at a time?!" I'm trying to train myself to drink coffee black. Trying.

Comment

• I only use cream when the cow is in milk. I've been drinking black coffee since I dried her up in january. I got used to it ok. I guess since I have no way to measure the caloric value of her cream, I'll have to take it easy, or just not get in the habit of using it! Yikes!
                The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• I love my tea filled with cream (or, now that I can't do dairy, almond milk). I've gotten to the point where I can drink it "black". Don't like it near as well, but am becoming used to it.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                    Wow!! I need to read labels more often!

Whole milk has only 10 calories per tablespoon and coconut milk has 26. Either one of those will suit me just fine.
                    TOTALLY!

I cringe when my mother just blobs half the carton in her morning coffee, but she's
                    70, 5'1 and 95lbs - so who cares.

THIS is why I put my coffee cup on the scale and then deliberately JUST put in
                    15g, then 70g of whole milk. Perfect, and not 5K calories.

On the other hand, I -do- buy half gallon sized heavy cream because my eldest
                    needs to be TRICKED into consuming something other than air soup and wind pie.

Little bugger NEVER wants to eat breakfast before school (i don't do breakfast either,
                    but youngest is a chow hound, so that's good) and then he comes home with an uneaten
                    snack and ONE bite taken out of his lunch.

HOW DOES HE EXIST?

10 years old, 55lbs.

That's less than some damn toddlers out there.

So I got wise and started asking him if he wanted "chocolate milk" for breakfast.... snicker.

Low and behold, he did - so, 90g of heavy cream, 300g of whole milk and then the chocolate
                    mix, which no, it's not primal, but neither is he, so get off me, which has all those vitamins
                    shoved into the powder, his "chocolate milk" turns out to be 570 calories.

WINNING

In other news, one month of doing shangri-la and very low carb
                    the results are in at:

SW - 128.8
                    CW - 123.0
                    =

So, not to shabby and on to month #2!

Julie

Comment

• I weigh every thing I put in my mouth. The calories from the HWC are part of my plan. Whole milk has sugars (yes naturally occurring, but sugar), so I don't use it. Sugar is my evil.

I don't want something I have to teach myself to like. I love my morning matcha with HWC and kerrygold.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post

On the other hand, I -do- buy half gallon sized heavy cream because my eldest
                        needs to be TRICKED into consuming something other than air soup and wind pie.

Little bugger NEVER wants to eat breakfast before school (i don't do breakfast either,
                        but youngest is a chow hound, so that's good) and then he comes home with an uneaten
                        snack and ONE bite taken out of his lunch.

HOW DOES HE EXIST?

10 years old, 55lbs.

That's less than some damn toddlers out there.

Julie
                        This is my daughter..10 and maybe 60 on a good day soaking wet. I might need to quit buying whole milk and buy her cream or at least half and half
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I use HWC because otherwise I won't get those calories at all.
                          I won't eat early in the day due to food aversion... so coffee w/ HWC or I'll just start drinking water or herbal tea.

And if I skip those calories there just isn't room for them later because I have limited food volume issues.
                          It's use HWC or under eat calories.

But I totally see where it can be a problem for some people.

I TRIED to do coconut milk for a while(before I figured out I was under eating), but URG... so bad in coffee IMO. lol
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                            http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DdkXV0CkNm...i-warrior1.jpg

Interesting article about being keto-adapted vs fat burning
                            Hi, Any chance of you reposting the link please - the massi warrior is nice to look at but not much good for info. You have whetted my appetite
                            Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-17-2013, 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                              It does take time for skin to tighten up after the fat disappears. I read a plastic surgeon say that skin continues to tighten up for a year after weight loss has completed.
                              Originally posted by shrinkinglo View Post
                              I have been losing in chunks in really strange places, and if it was not for weight lifting, Bikram Yoga and P90X I would look awful naked as it seems to have firmed things up.

Oh and I exfoliate and use a high quality firming cream to make my skin look better.

Hope this helps.
                              Thanks for the feedback, I know I need to find the motivation to get going with the toning exercises, especially as I want to look good for my birthday in 8 months time. I guess if I start now, that will give me time to see some results

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                I weigh every thing I put in my mouth. The calories from the HWC are part of my plan. Whole milk has sugars (yes naturally occurring, but sugar), so I don't use it. Sugar is my evil.
                                I am curious how whole milk can have sugar but heavy cream doesn't. I know they come out of the same faucet. Enlighten me, please.
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X