Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by little vase View Post
    Hehe. I wish I had chosen "secret EMFer" as my username...LOVE it!
    OMG that would have been funny.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Just popping in as a lurker. I'm working on the MF (more fat) part, but not low carb. First step is just replacing white rice with non-grain carbs, then I'll think about reducing carbs. This is for mental health as well as gut health (dealing with chronic constipation for over 4 months now).

I am awaiting test results to see if I have SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). It can be treated with a HFLC-like diet, or GAPS, but antibiotics are quicker. I would probably do both, for at least a month, so this thread will be my knowledge-collection resource, and I will pitch in with any tips where ever I can.

For one, those dealing with acne: dab tea tree oil on the cysts or white heads twice a day. Make sure not to touch your face! I do not wash my face except with baking soda, once a week. I just rinse in the shower, and lightly dry when I get out.
      Depression Lies

Comment

I wonder if I can find a relatively inoffensive ingredient bouillon cube brand at a health/gourmet food store?

I am going to try out a new organic emphasis store and trader joe's this weekend for shopping.

I just don't seem to have the time or inclination for making bone broth from scratch. :*( Also gelatinous broth stuff kind freaks me out.
        yay!

Comment

I just don't seem to have the time or inclination for making bone broth from scratch. :*( Also gelatinous broth stuff kind freaks me out.
          i cover mine and keep it real low, i can ignore it from then on till i decide it is done. i dont like slow cookers but you can ignore it in there too. when it is hot, it isnt gelatinous at all. and it tastes so much better than the cubed stuff.

working on downing the protein and remaining carnivorous here. i did find a recipe for mini meat loaves the other day which was saying you could wrap them in streaky bacon but that would up the fat content *tsk*tsk lol but that is definitely one good idea as i am not so keen on bacon on its own. i am also not into throwing away egg whites, way too much economic priveledge for me to deal with doing that. i can always make pav for the kids. but that is like 14 egg whites a week which is one huge pav so i may need to start making them for all my friends too!

Comment

Originally posted by qqemokitty View Post
            I wonder if I can find a relatively inoffensive ingredient bouillon cube brand at a health/gourmet food store?

I am going to try out a new organic emphasis store and trader joe's this weekend for shopping.

If you have a crockpot, you can make it and let it go. Mine will be done cooking tonight at 8pm and its been cooking away since Wednesday at 8pm. It gets better the longer you let it cook.
            Georgette

Comment

I do have a slow cooker but I share it with a roomie (and it is his, actually) so I can't tie it up for too long, since we both love slow cooking. :P And he would definitely not be cool with me leaving the stove on all day while we are both at work and our pets are home alone (I wouldn't be cool with it either, when it comes down to it, heh.)

I know it's not gelatinous when hot, but it is when cold, right? I feel like that would put me off from it. :*( I dunno. Maybe I'll just try the bouillon IF and only if I can find one with ingredients that don't bother me. Otherwise I'll just skip it.
              yay!

Comment

I just get organic chicken broth and add Himalayan salt, lite salt garli powder and a little black pepper. Easy and no MSG. I put a lot of salt, to taste.

Comment

http://cavegirleats.com/2010/12/29/cleansing-redefined/
                  this has been great on my skin. It feels so good!
                  And much cheaper too.

Comment

LOL Geo. Bacon and guac is just the best combo ever, especially the crispy bacon from my butcher. He cures it with salt only no nitrates or sugar.

Comment

• Omigosh. Speaking of guac and bacon, this was my lunch today. Without the bread. It was MAJOR

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zbmEU5kts1...th-Avocado.jpg
                      be the hair that knots with my hair
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        guacamole and carnitas sounds way better than a bunch of oil.
                        Ha! I could not agree more. There is a great taqueria across the street from my office. I get a side of carnitas for $2.00 ans what looks like 1/2 cup of fresh guacamole for $1.50. Together those become brunch for me. It's heavenly! I tried the carne asada but it was kinda dry and not fatty enough. I might try the chicken next week.

Comment

• I want guacamole and bacon!!!

Welcome to the new EMFers!

Comment

• Originally posted by calee View Post
                            Welcome to the new EMFers!
                            This the only time it's ok to be called a MFer.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              Julie, with a 115lb goal, (51kg) that puts your EMF goals at about 25g Carb, 51g Protein, and 102g fat. Glad you decided to join us!
                              Whoa! That's *some service*, THANKS!

Mama sucks at maffs, so thanks much!

Now off to read the other SIX PAGES y'all wrote all day
                              while I was at the beach with the boys (in service day
                              today for teachers).

Randomly, it was 70 degrees today. What? February? Umm... whatever.

Russian Circus is kicking my ass.

Today I've had:

20g heavy cream
                              30g canned coconut sludge

2 babybell full fat cheeses
                              5 pieces of salame
                              2 oil shots, one in the morning, one this afternoon

Not the healthiest of days, but man, not the hungriest either, cramps
                              from hell too. BLARGH!

On the menu tonight: BBQ'd greazy greazy chicken wings.

And I'll be able to eat a CRAP TON of them too with the low calories
                              I've already had today. Yanno, that is if I ever get HUNGRY.

So dumb how before LadyTime you're all starving and then when it finally
                              hits, you're like "food? what's that? who NEEDS IT". At least for me.

So for now I'm sitting at 656 cals at 5pm:
                              88% fat
                              2% carbs
                              10% protein

HAR! Fat bomb.

All righty, carry on!

Julie

Comment

• So, am I an MFing SOB (Saint of Bacon?)
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X