Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't know what FKIA but I think I get the drift of the message! I pretty much hang in a few journals and this thread, stay away from most others.

1 medium baked potato is about 25g of carb, what would it hurt if you just did it, had one every day and gave up all other carbs. Not totally primal but, for me, once I give myself permission to have something it usually loses its appeal. And the longer I deprive myself of the thing I crave the more crap I eat until I finally give in and pork out on it! I once found myself making a pot of northern beans in the middle of the night because I couldn't have them on the diet I was on. I don't even care for beans. Almost burned my house down!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      don't know what FKIA but I think I get the drift of the message! I pretty much hang in a few journals and this thread, stay away from most others.

1 medium baked potato is about 25g of carb, what would it hurt if you just did it, had one every day and gave up all other carbs. Not totally primal but, for me, once I give myself permission to have something it usually loses its appeal. And the longer I deprive myself of the thing I crave the more crap I eat until I finally give in and pork out on it! I once found myself making a pot of northern beans in the middle of the night because I couldn't have them on the diet I was on. I don't even care for beans. Almost burned my house down!
      That's a hardcore craving. Do you have the fire dept on speed dial?
      Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns
        When will I learn to stay out of threads that ChocoTaco is on? Or any threads other than this one?? Obviously I need educating. Not enough of a FKIA, I guess.

Grrr.............
        What, didn't you know yet... Choco is ALWAYS right, and his nutritional advice is ALWAYS right for EVERYONE, in every situation.

LMAO.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
          That's a hardcore craving. Do you have the fire dept on speed dial?
          I actually got out of bed, dressed (sort of) went to an all night grocery store to buy a bag of beans and some pork bones. Luckily the smoke detector woke me up before there was flame, it just filled the house with smoke, to the point where my clothes actually smelled of it. But I had to go out and get another bag
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            I actually got out of bed, dressed (sort of) went to an all night grocery store to buy a bag of beans and some pork bones. Luckily the smoke detector woke me up before there was flame, it just filled the house with smoke, to the point where my clothes actually smelled of it. But I had to go out and get another bag
            Ok... you nearly set the house on fire with the first pot, and went out for MORE.
            HARDCORE craving!!!

This seems appropriate... you know, with the fire and all!
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• I was young, single, and stupid. But, by God, by 7am I had me a nice pot of beans!

thanks for the award.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns
                When will I learn to stay out of threads that ChocoTaco is on? Or any threads other than this one?? Obviously I need educating. Not enough of a FKIA, I guess.

Grrr.............
                I hear you! I have tip toed out to other threads and always come running back. Some crazy threads out there.

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                Sort of having a moment where I am considering a binge. It may be small but something nonetheless. It's in my journal if any any of you want to read about it.
                Be tough! You can dooo eeeiit!!

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                What, didn't you know yet... Choco is ALWAYS right, and his nutritional advice is ALWAYS right for EVERYONE, in every situation.

LMAO.

I wonder what his credentials are.

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                wait... what?
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• What the hell. Why is my body holding water weight? The two pounds I was down on sunday reappeared on the scale this morning. WHY? I refuse to think it's fat. My macros/calories have been spot on. Calories are still low around or under 1000. So, if I'm giving my stupid body all that it needs (seriously, stomach never growls, can't eat) why is it STILL insisting on holding water weight. I hate this part. Men have it easy.

And, what the heck is FKIA?

Oh, and there are a LOT of know it alls on this forum.
                  The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• *something* Know It All.
                    *-insert colorful word that stars with F, like Fuchsia, or maybe something else...
                    Last edited by cori93437; 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM.
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
                      What the hell. Why is my body holding water weight? The two pounds I was down on sunday reappeared on the scale this morning. WHY? I refuse to think it's fat. My macros/calories have been spot on. Calories are still low around or under 1000. So, if I'm giving my stupid body all that it needs (seriously, stomach never growls, can't eat) why is it STILL insisting on holding water weight. I hate this part. Men have it easy.

And, what the heck is FKIA?

Oh, and there are a LOT of know it alls on this forum.
                      I mean this respectfully... get off the scale. The water weight up and down will get you down. Weigh once or twice a month and follow protocol. It should fall into line. Watch your salt intake as well. Know if you work out you will retain a bit of water too. Stress causes weight gain too. Focus on eating well.
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I'm not sure I can do it. This is putting me to that breaking point where I can feel the tension in my back and I just want to cry it out. I keep feeling like I want to pull out the idiot card.
                        Georgette

Comment

• ok, Geo, turn the stereo on way loud and dance around like a crazy person, screaming will help, and so will crying. BUT you have to do them all at the same time. Promise, it works.

Gladmorning, ditto on staying off the scale. I think we all know that there is very little connection between what we ate yesterday and what the scale says this morning. This is a long term game. what you do consistently will show up on the scale, eventually. Also, 1,000 calories seems pretty low. Do you weigh or measure your food, just wondering if maybe things have gotten a little lax in that regard. Not making accusations, just possibities. I also assume you drink lots of liquids. Recent hard work out? TOM coming? Bad night's sleep?
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• You're RIGHT Karin. I am more obsessive about the scale than my food. I mean, I've been doing this for exactly two weeks. I would think it would be a little more fluid and not so up and down. My macros have been in line. I usually fall around 4-25-71
                            c-p-f calories between 800-1100 every day. Not a single cheat. Not one. In the past when I did regular low carb I was losing a lot faster than this. I KNOW. It's only been two weeks, shut up, right? Right.

Comment

• Oh, Demuralist-

I do weigh my food. Count everything on paleotrack. I know the calories are low, but I just can't make myself eat anymore than I already do.

Comment

• Gladmorning, if you've only been doing this two weeks, don't sweat it! Your body needs time to adjust. No need to fret yet.
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X