Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BMR is 1810, and I say I am lightly active, so that brings it up to 2475, so if I aimed for 1500 (although currently don't get up to that at all, that is a good deficit right?)
    So macros for me would be:
    Protein - 56g
    Carbs - 19g
    Fats - 133g

Comment

I started primal 2 weeks ago after being GF for almost 2 years. I didn't do measurements but was down 12.9lbs this morning when I got on the scale.

Goals for this month
      -10lbs
      -figure out is 70% or 80% fat works better for me
      -keep plugging along

Originally posted by abc123 View Post
      its eating fat, while keeping protein down that's hard for me to see.. Most of my fat comes in animal meat, & eggs.. (Fat w protein) I don't really eat a lot of butter, & I don't drown things in oil, so I was just wondering if there was a secret "Fat only" (nutrient dense) dish in the thread that I didn't know about..
      abc123 - Me too. Bacon, real eggs and HWC in (1tbp) in my coffee seem to get me close. I'm having the same issue though. I don't do dairy yet (other than the HWC).

Comment

After yesterdays discussion on loose skin in the old thread, I've been researching sulfate free body washes. Thus far, Burt's Bees has them as does Organix, I found a brand called 100% Pure that carries them as well as Vitabath, but you have to get the cream body wash. Also, I'm having difficulty locating collagen based lotions. In some of research, it said keratin based lotions and taking vitamin E also helps with loose skin. If any of you have any ideas on collagen or keratin based lotions, let me know.
        Georgette

Comment

I was doing this along with you all (without posting) in January, I think I'll officially come on board for February.

On Jan 2 I went high fat, low carb and lost 11 lbs. I'm counting calories (1200 daily), staying in ketosis, with one Jan refeed day (I ate wild rice and sweet potatoes but stayed in my calorie target range) and daily IF with an eating window of noon to 6PM. No cheats

I do an hour of unchronic cardio daily on a recumbent - I put it on the highest level of resistance and pedal diligently (and slowly) for an hour. And I have the butt to prove it. I want everyone to feel it, it's pretty awesome. I just bought a rower and I'm doing that at home after dinner - high resistance and long duration. I have never gotten my heart out of the "warm up" stage on either machine, I'm going for long, slow, plodding as opposed to chronic cardio. I'm getting some great tone already and have only been at it since Jan 2.

abc123, avocado is high in fat and really low in protein. Approx 23 g fat and 3 g protein, depending on which food tracker site you check.

January Successes
          I hit the ground running with lots of energy in the morning.
          Wheat belly gone.
          My nails are growing like crazy and they're really strong.
          I'm not a complete bitch anymore
          The bottoms of my feet are smooth, they were decidedly "unsmooth" before.....
          Lost 11 lbs. and many inches.

February Goals
          Start making with the free weights! I have the bar and the weights. Now to just put them together....
          Lose 4-6 lbs. I'm afraid to lose any faster because I might end up looking like a Shar Pei.
          be the hair that knots with my hair
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by little vase View Post
            January Successes
            I hit the ground running with lots of energy in the morning.
            Wheat belly gone.
            My nails are growing like crazy and they're really strong.
            I'm not a complete bitch anymore
            The bottoms of my feet are smooth, they were decidedly "unsmooth" before.....
            Lost 11 lbs. and many inches.
            The only difference is that my feet are still rough. The nail thing is great. I've never had strong nails before in all my almost 37 years. I've also got hair thickening up and growing.
            Georgette

Comment

For fat, in the two weeks I was higher fat I rarely ate butter, olive or coconut oil. I ate fresh guacamole and coconut butter daily, as well as cream or half and half in my coffee. I ate a lot of fatty carnitas. Maybe I would have lost more using oils. Don't know but I have felt great without it.

Comment

Originally posted by calee View Post
                For fat, in the two weeks I was higher fat I rarely ate butter, olive or coconut oil. I ate fresh guacamole and coconut butter daily, as well as cream or half and half in my coffee. I ate a lot of fatty carnitas. Maybe I would have lost more using oils. Don't know but I have felt great without it.
                guacamole and carnitas sounds way better than a bunch of oil.

Comment

Ok gang we have got to slow down...we have almost 10 pages in the first day.

PS, I love all these secret EMFers coming out of hiding to report their success. Welcome!
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Guacamole is yummy!
                    When I make it I either put it on bacon or just eat it with a spoon

Comment

So, all day long I kept looking at my subscription feed wondering why no one was posting! Then I realized I hadn't subscribed to this thread yet... and then I get back in here and OMG IT'S EXPLODING!! Welcome, welcome to all the new members! Holy buckets!

I ordered a BodyMedia Fit today. It should be here tomorrow thanks to Amazon Prime. Then I'll get a clear picture of what's really happening in there! I just hope that it doesn't lose it's novelty too quickly (like I stop using it or stop checking the stats in a month or something)

abc123, if you do dairy, you must try cream cheese clouds. The recipe is out there on the recipe group (there's a link on the first post to find it). I use 2 tbsp maple syrup instead of the stevia/xylitol others use. Blech. Maple gives it a really good flavor. Then I make balls and roll them in desicated unsweetened shredded coconut. If I'm low on fat after logging my plan, I fill in with those. mmmmm just like eating cheesecake! Delish!

Another thing people do is make scrambled eggs in the am using 1 whole egg and 2 additional egg yolks. Fat boost without the protein. Lots of cream going on around here too.

i also struggle with the protein being too high, but given that I just pissed purple on the stick, I think I'm doing ok.

You could also check out anyone's food diary at MFP if you're interested. My MFP username is the same as my user name here.
                      Last edited by jenn26point2; 02-01-2013, 03:21 PM.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        PS, I love all these secret EMFers coming out of hiding to report their success. Welcome!
                        me too!! Very exciting and motivating to see so many new members!
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                          guacamole and carnitas sounds way better than a bunch of oil.
                          Dude that as an awesome idea!!! I love carnitas!!!!
                          Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                            Guacamole is yummy!
                            When I make it I either put it on bacon or just eat it with a spoon
                            You may have become my new bff.
                            Georgette

Comment

My food diary is Georgette76 at MFP.
                              Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                I love all these secret EMFers coming out of hiding to report their success. Welcome!
                                Hehe. I wish I had chosen "secret EMFer" as my username...LOVE it!
                                be the hair that knots with my hair
                                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                                primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X