Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats everyone on weight loss and/or inches lost.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I haven't posted in this thread yet, but I have been trying to keep my macros in the 70-25-5 f-p-c range. Well... It's been interesting. Can't quite get there. One day fat is 80% next day it's only 65%. Carbs have never gone over 5% until today. I had an asian pear and it had 13 g of carbs in it. Dang! It put me closer to 10%. Whatever.

I did find some ketosticks today and I came in at the second highest color. Woo hoo. From my understanding no matter what- ketosis= fat loss . . . uh right?
      The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
        Primal123, I don't eat any vegetables, and while the last couple of Fridays
        I've had wine and bad carbs, those days are the ONLY days that I've actually
        EATEN carbs.

Than, you know, what lurks in egg yolks and hard cheeses.

Zero carb is not new to me at all. I had a stint of it a couple years ago for
        about

I think I MAY have had a couple of strawberries at one point, but that was it.

I feel fantastic (always do, going vlc or zc), so I think if you want to try it,
        try it!

If you start feeling weird or nasty or something, then just stop.

Have you been to the Dirty Carnivore site yet? Lots of zero carbers
        there, or super low carbers that just add spices and stuff to their meats, not
        a pile of veggies.

Julie
        Julie, we're you over on Charles zero carb forum? I was over there in 2009.
        Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
          Ok..i have been feeling so good and thinner i could not wait to weigh in in until thursday, In 3 weeks I am down 15 pounds!!!! I am on my kindle and will be back tomorrow!!! Whooop!!!!
          Karin! That's outrageous good!

Comment

• Weighed today & put on 2lb from last week but here is the interesting thing - although my body fat has increased by 1/2lb (no surprise there my av cals have been up 150 from goal across the week), my LBM increased by 1.5lb even though I have done no exercise whatsoever (I have had excruciating pain from a shoulder injury all week & spent the week mostly stalking all your journals for inspiration – thank you ladies for giving a newbie an insight into your amazing weight loss journeys). I was expecting to lose LBM since my protein has been 10+g below what it should be. Could this effect be an alternate measure of deep ketosis?

NB: Have had a consistent ratio of 18-3-79 all week av cals 1499

PS: Have finally thrown my ketostix out – they never have recorded a reading despite me never eating more than 20g carbs.

PPS: well done to all of you who have lost or changed shape this week. I am now on the hole from last on my second belt since I started my journey. When I have a bad week that thought motivates the hell out of me

PPPS: TMI I know but I feel the need to celebrate (weird or what?) I finally went this am - after 7 days straight. Have decided to track this properly too. Am off to buy mag citrate
            Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-11-2013, 03:53 AM. Reason: PS

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
              Another thing that I've noticed with this WOE. I was flexing in front of the mirror (yeah, I know) and I noticed that my upper arms are thinning down nicely. Even after dropping weight 6-7 years ago, I always had the dreaded "chicken wing". It seems that it the "chicken wing" is melting away. I'm barely working out and it's changed this much already.
              I can't wait for this!! Five pounds down in the first week! Loving NK! I cringe every time I see my hubby go to the pantry for a snack and come back with crackers! Soooo don't miss that crap food!

Comment

• So I have decided that since I feel so little movement of fat (ie, it ain't going away) I am going to try a version (ok, my version) of a fat fast. The Atkins diet has one that suggests 90% fat and under 1,000 calories for 3 to 5 days. So I am going to do 3 days and 90% fat, and restricted calories. I decided not to limit myself to 1,000 because for my personality that is asking for a binge, too restrictive. I have Pre-tracked my meals for today and I come in under 1,500 with 91% fat and 21g of carbs. I was shooting to get under 20g of carb, but since I have 12g of fiber, I am not going to sweat the extra 1g.

I am still not getting on the scale until March 3rd, but as you all know, I will know if it is successful, my jeans will tell me so!
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Goodluck Demuralist

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing how you do. Good Luck!
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Don't forget that your body has hidden fat as well and if you aren't noticing a change in fat stores it could be that your body is using the visceral fat first.
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• It is possible that I am letting go of fat and don't realize it, but I figure 3 days of this can't hurt right?
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yeah Geo!! I am anxious to see my batwings GO AWAY! Reading ongoing successes just keeps me focused. Tracking I think has been a major key to success along with BPC! Still happy dancing! I am wearing a blouse I have not been able to wear for over 6 years. The "girls" are actually NOT busting out! It looks GOOD!
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• After a margarita & some gluten/dairy-free cookies over the weekend, I'm ready to try my own EMF protocol. I haven't planned ahead for anything, which may end up having me fail pretty early on. Right now, I'm just working on cutting out starches/carbs. I may end up eating a lot of protein at first, but I think that's okay.

I wonder how many avocados I can have per day. They're not cheap around here! First googling says 22g of fat per avocado, which would help to bolster the amount of fat per day, but they have carbs/fiber too.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              It is possible that I am letting go of fat and don't realize it, but I figure 3 days of this can't hurt right?
                              Couldn't hurt a bit. I just don't want you to think that nothing is happening. I am not losing my fat pads on my hips but little bits here and there from other areas. Not where I REALLY need to lose it from.
                              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I usually eat one at lunch with eggs and mayo (if the avocado isn't ripe enough to mash with the eggs). If you hard boil the eggs you can easily just use the yolks which increases the fat %. You should check out the lists from the links in the recipe group, some good easy ideas in them.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X