Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal123, I don't eat any vegetables, and while the last couple of Fridays
    I've had wine and bad carbs, those days are the ONLY days that I've actually
    EATEN carbs.

Than, you know, what lurks in egg yolks and hard cheeses.

Zero carb is not new to me at all. I had a stint of it a couple years ago for
    about 8months.

Besides my indiscretions this last month, I seem to be going back to zero
    carb as I am not craving ANY vegetables and have not TOUCHED a veggie
    at all either.

I think I MAY have had a couple of strawberries at one point, but that was it.

I feel fantastic (always do, going vlc or zc), so I think if you want to try it,
    try it!

If you start feeling weird or nasty or something, then just stop.

Have you been to the Dirty Carnivore site yet? Lots of zero carbers
    there, or super low carbers that just add spices and stuff to their meats, not
    a pile of veggies.

For those of you that are having bathroom troubles, like many have said, magnesium
    works.

But instead of just taking a certain amount at bed time or in the middle of the day, try
    taking it three times a day. Like 400mg when you wake up, 400mg at lunch time and then
    400mg when you go to bed.

ALWAYS with a big ass glass of water.

If that doesn't start something in the right direction, I will throw myself to the wolves
    on your account. Promise.

I used to have to do that (the magnesium, not the wolves) and now I'm just down to 400mg
    at bed time.

Julie

Comment

• Ok..i have been feeling so good and thinner i could not wait to weigh in in until thursday, In 3 weeks I am down 15 pounds!!!! I am on my kindle and will be back tomorrow!!! Whooop!!!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Holy crapballs Karin, YOU ARE ON FIRE!!!!!

Congrats!

Julie

Comment

• Woohooooo~~~~

Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
          ok..i have been feeling so good and thinner i could not wait to weigh in in until thursday, in 3 weeks i am down 15 pounds!!!! I am on my kindle and will be back tomorrow!!! Whooop!!!!
          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
          height 5'3
          SW 215 lbs
          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
          LW 172 lbs
          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Wow Karin, that is great!

Comment

• KARIN!!!!! You Rock!
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by mks8500 View Post
                Ok, so more from the land of testing blood ketones.
                I too am very interested to see how you get on. If it goes well & I get a long stall I would like to get one too but having a problem finding it here in the UK. Seems I may have to order it from the US - shipping costs will make the stupidly expensive strips definitely out of my price range in that case so any info I can glean from your experience on keeping in NK will be most welcome. I wish you every success with your experiment.

Comment

• mks -
                  For the best price on the strips try americandiabeteswholesale.com. Also, ketone levels are typically higher later in the day.
                  Hope this helps.

I have enjoyed following this thread & seeing all the successes. You have all made this an encouraging and positive place for everyone who pops in.

Comment

• Another thing that I've noticed with this WOE. I was flexing in front of the mirror (yeah, I know) and I noticed that my upper arms are thinning down nicely. Even after dropping weight 6-7 years ago, I always had the dreaded "chicken wing". It seems that it the "chicken wing" is melting away. I'm barely working out and it's changed this much already.
                    Georgette

Comment

• @Geo,every time I see that you have posted here I hold my breath cause I am thinking you are announcing dropping down into onederland. It is great news about the chicken wings though.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        @Geo,every time I see that you have posted here I hold my breath cause I am thinking you are announcing dropping down into onederland. It is great news about the chicken wings though.
                        LOL, I can't wait to say that I am officially in onderland. I've decided that when I am, I am taking myself out for a pedi/mani. I'm trying not to weigh myself until next Friday, but if I can wait until Wed or Thurs, that would be ok too. Can you post your soup recipe in the recipe group? I want to try that out next weekend. I know it'll get lost in this thread. Thanks!
                        Georgette

Comment

• While I cannot report a weight loss (can we say yo-yo continues?) I have noticed that the lumpy abdominal fat isn't there any longer. Positive change, that is.

Karin! You have got to feel just awesome!!
                          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                            While I cannot report a weight loss (can we say yo-yo continues?) I have noticed that the lumpy abdominal fat isn't there any longer. Positive change, that is.

Karin! You have got to feel just awesome!!
                            That HB is the greatest feeling EVER. I loved that when that occurred! So happy you're some movement even if it isn't on the scale.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Karin congratulations that's awesome. HB I am right there with you. I am addicted to my scale and weigh all the time. It is so weird I was down a pound at the beginning of the week and today and yesterday I was up 2.4 pounds. It's my body's way of teasing me. I have short term goal that I hit during my bout with the flu and then I popped back up and now I.Just.Can't get back there! I know I'll make it eventually my body goes through these cycles where I lose, then gain 3-5, then lose that plus a little more. I'll stabilize for a while then lose some more, then gain etc... up and down but the positive trend is lower and lower. Over the past few years I didn't think I would ever lose the weight I gained while pregnant but it's finally leaving me so I am happy. I just put on a cute jacket I bought before I was pregnant with my daughter. Since she was born it has not even come close to being possible to even get it around me let alone zipped. Today I zipped it up! Yay the arms are not as lose as I would like and my hips are still wide so it really emphasizes the waist to hip ratio so it's back to the closet but you have no idea how happy I was. Now I know I will be able to wear it eventually.
                              Last edited by Primal123; 02-11-2013, 05:07 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• @Geo, done! It is called stuffed cabbage soup.

I have to say if I was doing the scale daily, I am certain I would have tweaked this thing to death.

I just bought some lavender salt scrub, in the hopes that it will help move that lumpiness along more quickly.
                                Chris
                                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Working...
                                X