Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
    So if I can pull my pants on and off without unsnapping or unzipping, does that mean I actually lost while traveling? will weigh in the morning.
    Congratulations! That is wonderful!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Thanks honeybuns!
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

So if I can pull my pants on and off without unsnapping or unzipping, does that mean I actually lost while traveling? will weigh in the morning.
        OOOH that is a neat trick! Congrats!
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks Pebbles.
          Female 55

Comment

Woot!! That is awesome!!!
            Georgette

Comment

• Thanks Georgette.
              Female 55

Comment

• Welp, I'm working on getting on this EMF wagon ASAP. I think I'll give my gluten-free cookies (baked today, used organic palm shortening so they're dairy-free too) to my fiancÚ or my parents. I don't want to lose weight, just give my digestive system a break. Focusing on fats and protein first will make that easiest, I think. I can't do coconut milk, usually makes me nauseous, but coconut oil seems okay now (used to go right through me). I can't do dairy, except in small amounts of butter, but I don't want to risk it. Raw dairy is too difficult/out of the way to get around here, so I won't be trying that soon either.

My thoughts right now are eggs, avocados, tea with coconut oil whisked in (but will be cutting back on tea soon, even though it's caffeine-free), some kind of meat with a bit of veg at lunch, same for dinner. I'm worried that will mostly be protein instead of mostly fat, however. I'm okay with repetitive foods, just need to find a system that works. I plan on making more bone broth soon and hoping to have at least one mug of it a day. I will consider that fat and not count it towards any macros (and I'm not going to be tracking macros anyway).

I'm working on correcting chronic constipation that's been plaguing me for 5 months. I've been primal for 1.5 yrs.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  Welp, I'm working on getting on this EMF wagon ASAP. I think I'll give my gluten-free cookies (baked today, used organic palm shortening so they're dairy-free too) to my fiancÚ or my parents. I don't want to lose weight, just give my digestive system a break. Focusing on fats and protein first will make that easiest, I think. I can't do coconut milk, usually makes me nauseous, but coconut oil seems okay now (used to go right through me). I can't do dairy, except in small amounts of butter, but I don't want to risk it. Raw dairy is too difficult/out of the way to get around here, so I won't be trying that soon either.

My thoughts right now are eggs, avocados, tea with coconut oil whisked in (but will be cutting back on tea soon, even though it's caffeine-free), some kind of meat with a bit of veg at lunch, same for dinner. I'm worried that will mostly be protein instead of mostly fat, however. I'm okay with repetitive foods, just need to find a system that works. I plan on making more bone broth soon and hoping to have at least one mug of it a day. I will consider that fat and not count it towards any macros (and I'm not going to be tracking macros anyway).

I'm working on correcting chronic constipation that's been plaguing me for 5 months. I've been primal for 1.5 yrs.

Hopefully the increase in fat will help you.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Nameless I had issues like that until I increased my fats, now no problem.

Comment

• FINALLY! Something that works for me! I love almost everything about PB except the fact that I wasn't losing those pesky fat depsosits. I researched this thread and nutritional ketosis and joined myfitnesspal.com (After a year at cronometer.com I left after seeing how wonderful myfitnesspal fits me!) Started NK just five days ago. Just for the heck of it, I jumped on the scale this morning and WOW! It finally moved and I'm confident it's body fat. Can't thank you guys enough for participating in this thread and leading me down this path! Much love to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        If you find a cure please let us know. That has been my problem since starting EMF - only once in 7 days (sorry if TMI) I know there will be less but surely this isn't right. I don't like the thought of it all stacking up inside for a week. Have gone back to taking phsyllium husks (which usually works for me) for last 3 days but to no avail.

NB: my macros have been consistently 18-3-79/17-3-80 (I'm a little low on protein but trying to keep to 80% fat whilst keeping the cals down) so it can't be the lack of fat. My carbs mainly come from spinach as this is one of the lowest carb but highest fiber veg. Have read that caynne pepper is supposed to work but hate anything chill. Still needs must - will be trying the mild form next week & working my way up unless anyone can come up with a more palatable solution
                        Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-10-2013, 05:18 AM. Reason: added NB

Comment

• I use natural calm powdered magnesium for regularity. I take 1 tsp after dinner because it is also supposed to aid with sleep. Honestly, I have found that I do not go as often on EMF and then it is very compact.

Ooops according to what I just read on Yahoo, I may be dehydrated. I have been having trouble getting water in.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Magnesium citrate in the evening. Increase the dose until it works. When using for bowel issues, I sometimes take a second dose in the am. I started out using the various powders available at the health food store and progressed to the cheapest form just plain old mg. citrate powder. It is by far the best as it does not have the awful flavors the other powders had.

Drinking more water is always helpful.

Has anyone done zero carb? I ask because I heard of a fertility doctor who has used a zero carb diet very successfully for his patients with PCOS, (which I don't have) but was wondering how one would achieve zero carb, without shunning all vegetables.

Comment

• psyllium husk are a CW recommendation. They work, and are a non-digestable carb, so they don't have an insulin reponse.... and sennacot is a stool softener that is vegetable based when taken in the right dose, can be "cathartic".... both are easily obtained at any place that sells vitamins, diet stuff... basically, if you can find it ta Walmart, you can find it anywhere...

Comment

• Cathartic. Lol
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X