Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

qqemokitty, I would go with 160. Posting on my phone. I'll have to get back to you.

73kg
    Protein 73-80g
    Carb less than 36
    Fat 146

1750-1778 cals
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-01-2013, 01:32 PM.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Originally posted by qqemokitty View Post
      So, I am terrible at math. I am hoping you all can help me because I am really interested in joining a challenge/support group for this in particular. I am trying to figure out the mathy bits here:

Is ideal weight... determined by me or as determined by the medical chart or what? Because my idea of ideal is still America's "fatty." (180 lbs is my initial goal.) Should I do math based on that or based on a doctor chart thing? *goes to google*... 131 - 160 lbs. for a female of 5'9"?! I feel I would look emaciated at 130 lbs, I can't imagine that being a good look for me at all, but maybe that is just because I have been large for so long. =P

I am 5'9", 29 years old, 306 currently (SW 347, LW 287). I have a large frame and an hourglass body-type.
      HSIS (Hot Stuff in Swimwear) is a number you determine. Usually it is a bit of a stretch but not ridiculous, and as Paula says it should probably be about 160 for you.
      Last edited by demuralist; 02-01-2013, 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
        qqemokitty, I would go with 160. Posting on my phone. I'll have to get back to you.

73kg
        Protein 73-80g
        Carb less than 36
        Fat 146

1750-1778 cals
        Thank you SO much, you are a goddess. xD I am diligently writing this down in my notebook of important things!

Thank you, as well, demuralist!

I am excited.
        yay!

Comment

Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
          Filet mignon runs $15lb at my local butcher. Some of the most tender meat on the planet! Goes on sale at Valentine's for $7.99 lb. I am so there!!
          If you have a Harris Teeter near by, they regularly run specials of $8.99 for the whole tenderloin. I will take it home use the tips for stroganoff, the center for a roast, and the wide end for mignon. Not pasture raised though.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

January recap
            Started eating Primal January 1,2013 @ 151.6
            Jan 1 to Jan 20 no change on scale
            Jan 21 started eating more fat.
            February 1 weighed in at 145.6

Six big ones down!

February goals:
            1200-1400 calories daily depending on movement
            Continue walking at least a daily 5k. Walk it twice 3- 4x a week.
            Continue losing weight but focus on health benefits of PB
            Finish Primal Blueprint and read other beneficial materials
            Continue planning and tracking food intake
            Allow enough time for sleep
            Be happy with where I am right now! ❤

5'4", 62 female

Comment

Hello new EMF thread!
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Great results everyone
                And OMG Paula WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  If you have a Harris Teeter near by, they regularly run specials of $8.99 for the whole tenderloin. I will take it home use the tips for stroganoff, the center for a roast, and the wide end for mignon. Not pasture raised though.
                  My butcher has the whole tenderloin for that price as well. Just never thought about buying the whole one. Thanks for the idea!
                  Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

oops just realised this is the new thread, better read through it.
                    abc123 are you planning to do this too?
                    My menu is similar to everyone elses, no eating straight butter here.
                    I do drink a BP coffe with co, and butter, butI also eat plenty of real food.

Comment

Hello All-
                      I've been lurking for awhile and would love to join. Been GF for 3 years, started Paleo(no dairy) Jan 6th 2013. Down about 6 pounds, but hungry! So, I thought this might be the right direction. My stats are 37 YOF, 5'9"- 171.8 last weight in. My ideal weight would be 155. I have MFP set at 1300 calories and 70/20/10. This breaks down to 33 carbs, 65 protein and 101 fat. Sound about right? Any advice would be great. Excited to start this new journey.Oh, I have a desk job so I sit ALL day.
                      Last edited by adavison; 02-01-2013, 02:27 PM.
                      37 yof
                      5'9

Macros:
                      70% fat
                      20% protein
                      10% net carbs
                      1300-1500 calories

SW:180ish
                      CW:171
                      GW:155

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyL View Post
                        It's really not that hard. A few eggs, some fried veggies a little cream in your coffee.. Since fat is calorie dense, it doesn't take just a whole lot.

Like yesterday I basically had two cups of coffee with cream and an erythritol based sweetener. Had some eggs whipped up into an omelette with american cheese on top (the one processed food I never ditched), didn't eat lunch, then supper was steak, homemade kimchee and fried cabbage and onions. Also for snacks I had a cream cheese cloud which was rolled in crushed pecans and a bar of chocoperfection- a chocolate made with inulin and erythritol and cocoa butter and butter oil. I usually eat a little more food than that, but didn't exercise yesterday- been up at night taking care of a sick goat and needed to rest. And my appetite is such that I can skip a meal easily if I choose now.
                        I hear ya, & I do get that eating a lot of fat & high calorie "fatty" meals is easy, & I subscribe to this as well.. I'm a VLC guy.. its eating fat, while keeping protein down that's hard for me to see.. Most of my fat comes in animal meat, & eggs.. (Fat w protein) I don't really eat a lot of butter, & I don't drown things in oil, so I was just wondering if there was a secret "Fat only" (nutrient dense) dish in the thread that I didn't know about..

Avocado, almonds, & cheeses, I do get.. I'm also looking for ways to increase my calories in the fat category, so just reading along & trying to see what's on these menus..

Comment

My results for Jan were:
                          weight - 4 kg (7.7 lbs ish)
                          waist - 7 cm (2.75 inches)
                          hips - 5 cm (1.96 inches)

I too used to binge a lot, but have not at all in Jan.

Comment

abc123, Sarasota is my favorite place in the whole world. My inlaws live there. We go down once a year.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Chris, what great NSV's. My shoes are looser too, its very weird LOL
                              Wow Kymma, great loss for you too.
                              Great Jenn 11 lbs for you too is awesome!
                              HB, hopefully the measurements went down for you, those damn scales can be frustrating hey?
                              Tomi great goals. I am with you on the walking
                              Interesting GP about 80% working better than 70%. Great results in a short time.
                              I better check out your journal Geo, hope your stress goes away soon though.

Goals for Feb:
                              Walk 4-5 km every day.
                              Get back to the gym for some basic barbell lifts 2-3 days a week (will be happy if I go 2 days though).
                              Stop weighing each day.
                              Keep focusing on eating only to hunger
                              Might track for a few days, as Id like to up to 80% fat.
                              Continue with not bingeing.

Comment

@abc123, check out Peace, Love, and Low Carb there are a lot of recipes that have protein and full of fat.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X